By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Part of Gaming Keeps You Coming Back?

Why Do You Play?

Challenge ("Hit me ... 3 3.57%

Satisfacton ("That ... 3 3.57%

Discovery ("I wonde... 9 10.71%

Novelty ("Wow, I'v... 4 4.76%

Immersion ("Wait, w... 16 19.05%

Creativity ("There ... 2 2.38%

De-Stressing ("I ne... 6 7.14%

Fun ("I never get t... 30 35.71%

Curiosity ("I have ... 5 5.95%

Other (Post and Discuss) 6 7.14%

Total:84

It's a mix of everything for me, really.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NiKKoM said:
All the great women I meet when playing online...

I know that might be sarcasm, but do you really search for chicks online? I know I come off weird by saying that but I havent given that process much thought. I've done pretty well for my self off the computer.

lol.. yes.. you do come off as weird...

we all know there are no women on the internet:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The fun. Relaxing after a hard day. Immersive. Things that aren't possible in real life.

Almost all of the things in the poll, except of immersion. I don´t give a fuck about that.

A good game is just a ton of fun

Competition mostly.

But creativity and immersion are both great too.

Around the Network

They are fun and are a way of escaping reality for a few hours at a time. Video games also allow you to experience things that you wouldn't otherwise experience. Like with Assassin's Creed, you get to experience a bit of the past. While, many games yet you experience wonderful fantasy worlds (especially RPGs)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Exploration/discovery, immersion, escapism/de-stressing.
Challenge and satisfaction were more important factors when I was younger.
Novelty and curiosity still play a factor but after 35 years of gaming that's not something to keep you entertained year round. I do keep looking for new games, replaying older games happens far less.

NiKKoM said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NiKKoM said:
All the great women I meet when playing online...

I know that might be sarcasm, but do you really search for chicks online? I know I come off weird by saying that but I havent given that process much thought. I've done pretty well for my self off the computer.

lol.. yes.. you do come off as weird...

we all know there are no women on the internet:

I know right? I just met another guy around the time on her who met his wife through the internet. Everyones hooking up on the down low these days. Well as long as you're happy! Enjoy your Sandiwch. :)

Just remembered that Smash Bros is really my chance to battle my friends and totally own them. Me and my cousins played Melee for a whole summer. Epic.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

gaming used to be about competion, cooperation, and other experiences shared with friends. i'm still looking for that side to return for me. in the meantime i will be gaming because i want challenge, imagination, and beauty.