By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Part of Gaming Keeps You Coming Back?

Why Do You Play?

Challenge ("Hit me ... 3 3.57%

Satisfacton ("That ... 3 3.57%

Discovery ("I wonde... 9 10.71%

Novelty ("Wow, I'v... 4 4.76%

Immersion ("Wait, w... 16 19.05%

Creativity ("There ... 2 2.38%

De-Stressing ("I ne... 6 7.14%

Fun ("I never get t... 30 35.71%

Curiosity ("I have ... 5 5.95%

Other (Post and Discuss) 6 7.14%

Total:84

It's my hobby and I learn a lot from gaming. It's enjoyable.

Around the Network

Talking about them. Who here on VGC really actually plays games?

It's unheard of.

I love story. I like seeing new and creative ways to tell stories. That's what got me into games and that's what'll keep me coming back.

But I do like having fun too.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Nintendo... That's the only reason I keep playing games... Without Nintendo gaming would be a super expensive, repetitive and boring hobby...

NintendoPie said:
Talking about them. Who here on VGC really actually plays games?

It's unheard of.

Who in their right mind would actually PLAY a game?

Preposterous. The very notion is mind-boggling.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

Good point Carlos, I was raised on Nintendo, without them I don't know what I would be.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

I actually am pretty tall......my dad is taller though. My fro might be a problem in being a giraffe.......

I could be a giraffe with a fro!

To be fair my hair is brown but your point is made. Thank you.

I play for the stories, and friends. Games have always been more interesting to me than books or movies, better characters, more likable atmosphere. They are also the easiest way to play with friends thanks to Live and PSN.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

For me, I think it is that, like books, games transport me to another world, tell a story, and provide an experience I could not have in the real world. It lets my imagination come to life. They provide an interactive experience that no other medium does.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash