By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gears Of War: Judgment sold just over one million copies (Bulletstorm just under one million combined)

Tagged games:

Well, at least it didn't do terribly.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
It is essentially the same fate as GOW Ascension. Prequels just sell less and have less story impact.

i dont think its quite like like, though it is similar. 

but based off this article it appears vgchartz has Gears of War: Judgment slightly over tracked, while based off of vgchartz track record of grossly undertracking the God of War series, by as many as 1 million at one point for God of War III, its safe to assume that God of War is either tracked right or is undertracked, but definitely not over tracked.

i tend to believe its undertracked, and wouldnt be surprised if its actually sold well over 1.5 million, just based off how poorly vgchartz has tracked GOW sales, and even with the real figures it wont update the sales. its undertracking the series by several million.

OP updated... Bulletstorm sold less than 1 million combined.

bananaking21 said:
VGC has it at 1.24 million. so its a bit overtracked?

1.24M - at retail only. So, way overtracked.

CGI-Quality said:
I don't think Epic dropped the ball here. It wasn't marketed like a mainline title and wasn't supposed to be treated like one. Though 1 million is substantially lower than the 2-2.5mill I once thought it would achieve, I think it's naive for anyone to have expected Gears 1-3 style figures.

Come Gears 4, the sales of this game will matter very little.

MS seems to think differently

OT I dont think the world wanted another Gears, IMHO 4 entries in a series in one gen on one console is a bit overkill, and it was a prequel.

Bulletstorm, dont know what the hell happened their imagine how much worst it would have dont WITHOUT the Gears 3 beta

Around the Network
oniyide said:
CGI-Quality said:
I don't think Epic dropped the ball here. It wasn't marketed like a mainline title and wasn't supposed to be treated like one. Though 1 million is substantially lower than the 2-2.5mill I once thought it would achieve, I think it's naive for anyone to have expected Gears 1-3 style figures.

OT I dont think the world wanted another Gears, IMHO 4 entries in a series in one gen on one console is a bit overkill, and it was a prequel.

Bulletstorm, dont know what the hell happened their imagine how much worst it would have dont WITHOUT the Gears 3 beta

Also the release date didn't help. It released the same day as Killzone 3, so it was a no brainer which shooter PS3 owners would buy, and it shows in sales.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

Also the release date didn't help. It released the same day as Killzone 3, so it was a no brainer which shooter PS3 owners would buy, and it shows in sales.

I don't think that's a valid argument. Maybe some people opted for Killzone 3 over Bulletstorm on PS3, but the modest sales and weak legs of Bulletstorm on all platforms shows there was little interest in Bulletstorm period.

I genuinely feel the bad multiplayer had something to do with the lack on interest in Bulletstorm. Split screen multiplayer would have helped sales.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
eFKac said:

I don't think that's a valid argument. Maybe some people opted for Killzone 3 over Bulletstorm on PS3, but the modest sales and weak legs of Bulletstorm on all platforms shows there was little interest in Bulletstorm period.

I genuinely feel the bad multiplayer had something to do with the lack on interest in Bulletstorm. Split screen multiplayer would have helped sales.

Of course I'm basing everything upon VGC numbers, which are most probably flawed and overtracked.

But going by numbers, you really don't think Killzone 3 release impacted Bulletstorm sales on the PS3? The X360 version outsold it by well over 200%, of course usually shooters tend to do better on X360 but not by such a high margin. I think that's definitely a valid argument.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

oniyide said:
CGI-Quality said:

While I'm not at all disagreeing with you, of the top 10 Xbox360 games sold ever 5 of them have the name call of duty in their title. as well as those there are 5 more CoD games on the machine. Some games can get away with it, Gears just wasn't one of those games, I think everyone had cried out enough manly tears in Gears2/3

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

GOW Ascension is selling okay as i can see that game in Top 20 of UK mostly, so this is under tracked here.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.