By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gears Of War: Judgment sold just over one million copies (Bulletstorm just under one million combined)

Tagged games:

Munkeh111 said:
I really enjoyed Gears judgement, it added an interesting twist to the game and was just generally quite fun

I also enjoyed Bulletstorm, maybe I am just easy to please?

No I think you are just one of the guys who really played judgment ;) The rest just is parrotting what media said.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Munkeh111 said:
I really enjoyed Gears judgement, it added an interesting twist to the game and was just generally quite fun

I also enjoyed Bulletstorm, maybe I am just easy to please?

No I think you are just one of the guys who really played judgment ;) The rest just is parrotting what media said.

I can't say I enjoyed it as much as the previous games and I always loved Horde, but the campaign mode was interesting and questioned whether me on whether the lancer/longshot was still the perfect combo... It did good things in that it played differently from all the previous games, in an interesting way, not necessarily better, but interesting

It's a big fat lie that Bulletstorm was the "most successful new IP" of 2011.

L.A. Noire, Dead Island, Rage, etc. all came out that year and were far bigger games.

Boutros said:

L.A. Noire, Dead Island, Rage, etc. all came out that year and were far bigger games.

These games sold more?

ethomaz said:
Boutros said:

These games sold more?

We know L.A. Noire sold over 5 million in 2011. They even say in that article that "Team Bondi title was best-selling new IP of 2011".

And Dead Island also sold over 5 million copies but that's as of recently.

Rage sold over 550k in its first month on the market in the US.

So Bulletstorm at just below 1 million is pretty bad. It did 286k in its first month in the US.

Around the Network

Boutros said:

We know L.A. Noire sold over 5 million in 2011. They even say in that article that "Team Bondi title was best-selling new IP of 2011".

And Dead Island also sold over 5 million copies but that's as of recently.

Rage sold over 550k in its first month on the market in the US.

So Bulletstorm at just below 1 million is pretty bad. It did 286k in its first month in the US.

Yeah... I remember L.A. Noire selling well but Dead Island surprised me in a good way.

Rage for all the hype bombed... Bulletstorm too... maybe they are talking about critic success.... Bulletstrom had good scores in reviews.

ganoncrotch said:
oniyide said:
CGI-Quality said:
I don't think Epic dropped the ball here. It wasn't marketed like a mainline title and wasn't supposed to be treated like one. Though 1 million is substantially lower than the 2-2.5mill I once thought it would achieve, I think it's naive for anyone to have expected Gears 1-3 style figures.

Come Gears 4, the sales of this game will matter very little.

MS seems to think differently

OT I dont think the world wanted another Gears, IMHO 4 entries in a series in one gen on one console is a bit overkill, and it was a prequel.

Bulletstorm, dont know what the hell happened their imagine how much worst it would have dont WITHOUT the Gears 3 beta

While I'm not at all disagreeing with you, of the top 10 Xbox360 games sold ever 5 of them have the name call of duty in their title. as well as those there are 5 more CoD games on the machine. Some games can get away with it, Gears just wasn't one of those games, I think everyone had cried out enough manly tears in Gears2/3

COD is the exception, not the rule, but i agree. i dont know how COD does it. But few games can and Gears is not one of them. Never was even close.

I haven't played judgment, but if it's anything similar to God of War Ascension following God of War 3 - then they deserved the sales they got. Prequels are usually just cash grabs. I hope the new Batman game isn't the same situation.

CGI-Quality said:
oniyide said:
CGI-Quality said:
I don't think Epic dropped the ball here. It wasn't marketed like a mainline title and wasn't supposed to be treated like one. Though 1 million is substantially lower than the 2-2.5mill I once thought it would achieve, I think it's naive for anyone to have expected Gears 1-3 style figures.

Come Gears 4, the sales of this game will matter very little.

MS seems to think differently

With little marketing and it being a prequel, not sure why they would have expected it to perform like any other Gears.

"Gears Of War: Judgment sold more on one platform than Bulletstorm had on three, but with just over one million copies sold it still underperformed for Microsoft."

They clearly were expecting more, now SHOULD they have expected and WHY were they expecting more? those are questions that are up for debate but the only thing i can think of is they think the fanbase will just gobble up anything.

ethomaz said:
Boutros said:

These games sold more?

L.A noire and dead island both sold 5 million