By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One will include TWO AA batteries!

OdinHades said:

Come on, you can charge a controller while not playing. You just plug in a cable, no need to swap batteries and charge them in an extra device. With the PS4, that also works while the system is in stand-by. There are no advantages whatsoever in using AA Batteries. It's also pretty bad for the evironment since not everybody will use rechargable batteries.

Assuming you bought a second controller.

Look, I'm just explaining the advantage of batteries you can swap out. The loyalty free user S.T.A.G.E. is just focusing on the negative.

If a person is concerned about the environment, I recommend getting rechargeable AA batteries. I've been using the same rechargeable batteries for about 5 years now.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

At least at $599 in 2006 it came with a Blu Ray player and rechargable controller that had slight motion capabilities with six axis.

Good morning, pug, pug. 

TTYL

Do you really always have to argue about Sony and MSFT every chance you get?  Don't you ever get tired of it?  

What else would a grown man do with his time?

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

lol, not even AAA.
what next? indie-batteries?

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Mr Puggsly said:
JayWood2010 said:

Do you really always have to argue about Sony and MSFT every chance you get?  Don't you ever get tired of it?  

What else would a grown man do with his time?

I don't agree with your approach either.

This seems to be one of those threads where trolling is acceptable and the reason it seems to be started.

JayWood2010 said:

I don't agree with your approach either.

This seems to be one of those threads where trolling is acceptable.

C'mon, he was pissing and moaning about the X1's price and looking for any excuses to trash it. So I simply reminded him its not the most expensive console ever released.

He didn't have to blow up and make excuses for the plastic box he loves.

Recently Completed

Around the Network

I thought they had got rid of these...

So now if you want M$ rechargeable batteries, you have to get the £45 controller with the play and charge kit which means that the controller with a charger is £60 (from the M$ store)

I know you can just use AA batteries and it avoids having to plug the controller in, but I just think that a battery pack is just the best bet. I have changed PS3 controllers over this generation, but due to me wanting new controllers not the battery pack dying down.

I have the charging hub thing for my 360, which was probably a little silly, but I guess it does the job. but I personally still find this really annoying

oh wow! JEE WILLIKAS !

...as a pre-order bonus! Duracell if you pre-order from GameStop, Energizer if you pre-order from Best Buy. Rayovac if you pre-order from WalMart.

I can't believe that they're still using disposable batteries at all.

It's a bit lame that MSoft decided to go with batteries with a console that at first demanded a constant and reliable internet connection.

Although both things don't have any relation, having such an advanced design for one aspect paired with such an old one feel mutually exclusive.

For God's sake! Even Nintendo has gone with a rechargeable battery and they are always the last ones with this kind of things!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.