By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One will include TWO AA batteries!

Out of the 40 "innovative improvements" they've made to the new controller, not one included rechargable batteries. You'd think with the Wii U Pro controller being $50 and DualShock 4 being $60, they'd include a play and charge kit for $60 instead of $75.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Around the Network

Great, thing is it shouldn't even use AA batteries. Everything has a rechargeable battery now, it's 2013 MS! Well I hope the play n charge is better than the 360's at least.

oh nice. Are they rechargeable?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Where are all these guys getting this "it prevents me from having to play with a wire" argument? I've had a PS3 since the 3rd day of its release and I've never had to play with a cord attached to my console. The battery can be charged via the console, a PC USB port, or even plugged into the wall. If anyone has ever had to play with a cord it's their own fault. In fact, I bought a charger that can charge 4 controllers at once from an online site and it only cost me $12.00. I leave all 3 of my controllers and my headset on it overnight and I can play for days without ever having to put the controller back on the charger. Now I'm not here to troll the thread but you can't be honest in thinking that this sort of thing doesn't seem dated and simple for a console so advanced. It's like if you open up Optimus Prime's back and see a 9-volt stuck in there lol.

I guess it is preference.I always seem to have a dead controller for the PS3 when i want to use it. Always atleast one person plugged in. With the 360, always just swap the pack out and off we go. Not sure how this is such a big deal for anyone. If you buy the console for $500 + an extra controller for $60 + 2 games for $120 + a case of MT. Dew and your bag of Dorito's for $15 = $755+tax= $810... Can't you buy some rechargeable batteries and or the play n charge for another $30 at this point? Either way, you get home and they give you some batteries to get playing while you charge the packs.

Around the Network

major nelson : Xbox One is the future!".

Controllers still need AA batteries.....

HipHopGodd said:
Where are all these guys getting this "it prevents me from having to play with a wire" argument? I've had a PS3 since the 3rd day of its release and I've never had to play with a cord attached to my console. 

In fact, I bought a charger that can charge 4 controllers at once from an online site and it only cost me $12.00. I leave all 3 of my controllers and my headset on it overnight and I can play for days without ever having to put the controller back on the charger.

We all have no friends so we all only have one controller... :( true story..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

HipHopGodd said:
Where are all these guys getting this "it prevents me from having to play with a wire" argument? I've had a PS3 since the 3rd day of its release and I've never had to play with a cord attached to my console. The battery can be charged via the console, a PC USB port, or even plugged into the wall. If anyone has ever had to play with a cord it's their own fault. In fact, I bought a charger that can charge 4 controllers at once from an online site and it only cost me $12.00. I leave all 3 of my controllers and my headset on it overnight and I can play for days without ever having to put the controller back on the charger. Now I'm not here to troll the thread but you can't be honest in thinking that this sort of thing doesn't seem dated and simple for a console so advanced. It's like if you open up Optimus Prime's back and see a 9-volt stuck in there lol.

Buying a Dreamgear Powerstand was the best thing I did. Now I charge 2 dualshocks, move and the navigator all at once. Haven't used the USB cords to charge it for a long time.

Do you people still use fossil fuels or have you discovered crystallic fusion?

Well, let's see. We got double-A's.

love it when things get blown up just to hate on a console...

http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-50PK-AA-Alkaline-Batteries/dp/B003IX57CM/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1376315676&sr=1-2&keywords=AA+batteries

here $8.99 and you are basically set for a generation. Problem solved.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...