By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pachter: Vita is Dead, PS4 Remote Play Won’t Save it....(What An Idiot)

So Patcher Just Said

Vita Saved 74 15.26%

He's An Idiot 157 32.37%

The truth (trolololo) 205 42.27%

He's Sexy and He Knows It 49 10.10%

Total:485

Vita is not only alive, but it will go on to be a successful system.

Japan is the key; they love handhelds over there, and with the right games Vita will take off there big time. God Eater 2 is a good start and a virtually guaranteed hit, and Monster Hunter will inevitably come to it as well, perhaps Portable 4th. Vita is already outselling the PS3 and PSP there on a weekly basis. It's a sleeping giant waiting to be awoken.

It will happen, mark my words.

Around the Network

While I agree that remote play wont be a Vita selling point, I don't think it's dead.

I've pretty much come to terms that the Vita won't set the world on fire in any way and will be a moderate success at best. It's my favorite system by far but Sony has made some absolute shit decisions on memory cards, advertising, and game development which is a shame.

From now on I just celebrate the small victories the Vita has which have pretty much all been in Japan.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

I'm not sure why he's an idiot for pointing out the obvious.

bananaking21 said:
Weedlab said:

RP is nice, but not much of a reason to purchase the system. I do play my Vita much more than my PS3 now, so I'll likely use the remote play feature a lot providing the controls are mapped well. But as I said, it is not an essential feature.

Vita needs games ... lots of them and different types of them too.

i still cant understand why they didnt include an R3/L3 and L2/R2 in the vita

this is my biggest gripe.  They have space left for the R2/L2 buttons just as big as their current should buttons right under them.  The clickable sticks is a no brainer too.  Also make the sticks a little bigger since it already doesn't fit in your pocket no reason to hold little things back after putting on a 5 inch screen.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Vita will be fine. Pachter, just shut up.

I think this holiday, along with PS4 launch and a potential price cut, will be the defining points whether the Vita is successful or not. If not, I can see it being dicontinued by the end of FY2014 (so as long as it's not profitable).

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Oh well hes gotta say something or else people will forget he exists.

I will get it when it hits $100.

Wow he's getting paid so much to point the obvious

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.