By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pachter: Vita is Dead, PS4 Remote Play Won’t Save it....(What An Idiot)

So Patcher Just Said

Vita Saved 74 15.26%

He's An Idiot 157 32.37%

The truth (trolololo) 205 42.27%

He's Sexy and He Knows It 49 10.10%

Total:485

This is a sales site, just look at the numbers instead of focusing on hating a guy for stating the obvious. Whether he has a bad track record or not doesn't affect the topic at hand. Vita isn't going to sell well even if Sony supports it for another decade, and something as trivial as remote play definitely won't do crap for it. Sad but true (even Pachter admitted to liking the device and calling it slick, but liking a product or disliking Pachter won't change the sales trajectory of the vita).

Around the Network

Ive never been a hand held gamer until I got my Vita, I really enjoy it, more games would be nice but.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

When Sony offers a cheaper model or a slim version I'll be buying another Vita.

danasider said:
This is a sales site, just look at the numbers instead of focusing on hating a guy for stating the obvious. Whether he has a bad track record or not doesn't affect the topic at hand. Vita isn't going to sell well even if Sony supports it for another decade, and something as trivial as remote play definitely won't do crap for it. Sad but true (even Pachter admitted to liking the device and calling it slick, but liking a product or disliking Pachter won't change the sales trajectory of the vita).

I just disagree with everything Pachter says- I don't even own a Vita. I'm not saying he's always wrong but it's a safer bet to assume the opposite of what he says is true or that he just made a bad guess.

"C'mon, you guys know the Vita was dead in the water from the start. So, let's just move on since the ps4 is around the corner." -By some random ass youtube user

Around the Network

It still has a chance in Japan to do decent. In the West, though? He's right.

Sony priced themselves out of the market, and waited too long to rectify their mistake. Now the system is caught in a chicken-and-egg death spiral, to where it needs more sales to get more games and more games to get more sales. Nor is Sony itself in a position to go all in and make up the difference when it's still supporting the PS3 and needs to get the PS4 off the ground.

I don't see a future for it outside of Japan. And the global demand for dedicated handhelds isn't exactly set to grow over the next couple of years.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

while i do think remote play at the most will give it a pretty small boost depending on how good it works i won't say a console is dead and a failure after games pretty stop being made for it

The Vita is saved all thanks to Pachter. lol!

I agree.

Even so I will buy a PS4 and a Vita

Vita is not doing so hot, but I don't think it's necessarily dead. PS4 doesn't need to "save" it, all it just needs games worth the investment!