By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Wii U is definitely going to sell big once the major titles come out.

But I believe Nintendo's 9th gen home console will be a "return to basics" type of thing....a normal home console with timeless fun. Also, the next DS handheld, the HDS or whatever you wanna call it, will sell big as well.

Nintendo will dominate handheld gaming COMPLETELY. Android and iOS gaming will be laughed at by most..besides a few casual soccer moms

Nintendo will dominate the home console market with the 9th gen offering..

Compatible with Wii, Wii U(HDS can be used as gamepad), and the eShop will be filled with N64, GCN, GBA, DS, SNES, NES, Etc games. The controller will be a simple Pro Controller, similar to the Wii U's Pro controller alternative.

No gimmicks besides the backwards compatibility.
It'll be much more powerful than the Xbox One and PS4.
I expect a 2018 release. Why 2018?

Wii generation lasted 6 years. 2006 - 2012. Wii U came out in 2012.
DS Generation lasted 7 years. 2004 - 2011. 3DS came out in 2011.

2018 will see, essentially...THE YEAR OF NINTENDO.

Of course, the theory of the "Universal Handheld/Home Console Hybrid" is a good idea, but it won't happen. The HDS and 9th gen home console will simply be EXTREMELY connected.

Nintendo will dominate gaming. Of course, not completely. We'll have Valve releasing it's home console soon. Microsoft might not release a new system anytime soon...same with Sony.

But 2018 will be a fantastic year for Nintendo..

Nintendo Network ID: Scrumptious

3DS Friend Code: 4141-2615-9052

Circle me on Google+

Around the Network

Also, OP may not be 100% on the money, but he's right in a sense.

Wii is owned by a ton of people.
Wii U will eventually be owned by many.

Anyone who buys a Wii U is buying a Wii packaged with the deal(BC).

For the 9th gen offering, with the system being compatible with the Wii and Wii U, those people are ALSO buying a Wii and Wii U due to BC.

So yes, in the end, everyone will have a Wii and Wii U.

Circle me on Google+

Dr.Grass said:
I can't imagine who would read all of that.

ppl who would rather watch others repeat history than repeat it themselves.

The day I began this thread was the day I bought my Wii U—Friday, August 9, 2013.

I didn't even open the box yet since I was so hyped on making this UNITY thread here at VGChartz.
Took me a long time to write it so I didn't open my box that Friday.
I spent the majority of Saturday responding to posts in this thread (I knew it would be a hot one) so most of Saturday my Wii U remained in its box along with pack-in Nintendoland, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, & Game & Wario.

I took a break from the posting & private messaging to finally open up my Wii U late Saturday Night.

WHEW!

The...Sheer...Potential.

GOD!

I haven't even played a single game yet & this system is blowing my mind!
I kept seeing contradiction in the past. I just couldn't wrap my head around this system after the masterstroke of the Wii.
You have to put your hands on this system to understand.

THAT'S why Wii U hasn't made the breakthrough yet.
With Wii you could see it outwardly & easily.
Wii U can't be fully understood from the outside looking in & that's its only major flaw.
Once you touch it though, it all becomes clear for you. You have to touch it & experience it directly.

I don't know what force was at work when that Epiphany went through me at XBox One's unveiling.
Microsoft talking about everything but the games at that conference, those suicidal policies with game sale & ownership, the Big Brother-ness of their new Kinect, the expensive $500 price, I don't know what it was that triggered it.
But it triggered that epiphany & the truth went through my mind like a lightning bolt.

UNITY.

U is UNITY.

We United. Wii United. Reunited...and it feels so good. Reunited...'cause we understood.

My intuition finally caught up & I could smell some of the potential from afar.
Now my intuitions have been verified.

The CommUNITY within Wii U. This Universe. This U-Mii-verse. This You-Me-verse.
They have absolutely redefined networked play!
They are creating a base that builds in a viral nature. They're building an ecosystem.
They won't need as much traditional marketing because Word-Of-Mouth is built into the design of this system...organically.

Animal Crossing Plaza JUST came out & I didn't even know it. I just bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf a little less than 2 months ago.
They can bypass the payola-ed critics & bad press as the Wii U Miiverse spreads the word about Wii U's games.
Add in Nintendo's old strategy of Connectivity with the 3DS & one hand washes another.
They feed into one another. 3DS helps sell Wii U. Wii U helps sell 3DS.
Their old fashioned sister system program (Game Boy to NES/SNES, Game Boy Color to N64, Game Boy Advance to Gamecube, DS to Wii) designed to reciprocate better than ever before.
In the Game Boy Advance/Gamecube days we had those obstructive wires getting in the way.
We lost the wires in the DS/Wii days & things got much better but the ecosystem still had portions of disconnect.
This time it's a fully cohesive ecosystem within a unified seamlessly connected network & it even covers the old Wii since Wii resides within Wii U in the system's Wii Mode.

You could see them experimenting with this on Wii's Mii Parade & DS's Tag Mode.
Tag Mode has evolved into SpotPass/StreetPass & that Mii Parade has evolved into Miiverse/Warawara Plaza.

Keep your eyes on Animal Crossing Plaza & Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
They always called that series a communication game.
It took off out of the gate like wildfire & believe me when 3DS washes with Wii U using that game as the soap...man...wow.

3DS carries the full library of the legendary DS while also carrying its new 3DS titles.
Wii U carries the full library of the legendary Wii while also carrying its new Wii U titles.
Then you take these 2 hyper-connected systems & have both wash over with the other.
DAMN!!

This is going to be a devastating generation for Sony & Microsoft once Wii U gets that word-of-mouth going.
I used to call it the WiiDS Phenomenon with the combination of Wii & DS.
This is WiiDS Up 3!!

Keep your eye on the end of the year.
Asda's gonna regret that decision to pull Wii U's off the shelves.
They just gave all their business to Tesco (gotta love Wikipedia!).

Once Wii U gets going it isn't gonna stop.
This juggernaut is gonna be even more massive than the last one!

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said:
I spent the majority of Saturday responding to posts in this thread (I knew it would be a hot one) so most of Saturday my Wii U remained in its box along with pack-in Nintendoland, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, & Game & Wario.

I took a break from the posting & private messaging to finally open up my Wii U late Saturday Night.

Game&Wario is ... underwhelming. Nintendoland is OK. NSMBU - I have no idea, I don't own it as I don't like Jump&Runs and didn't bought it. But you should stop posting here now and play Pikmin 3. Now!

Stop, wait a moment. My Nintendo-Network-ID is Mnementh, please add me. Now go play Pikmin.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
errorpwns said:
richardhutnik said:

If you are going to argue that "horsepower doesn't matter" then why should anyone bother upgrading now?   Why not just stick with a PS3, or 360, or one of these Android based consoles (OUYA and onward)?

The argument for the Wii U, is that gamers NEED to have a second screen in their living room.  That is IT for the Wii U.  So, you need to argue why this second screen is such a critical feature that it will win over hardcore gamers that you had stated it would, because the Wii U is supposed to be a "hardcore" console, according to your estimate.  The Wii U is supposed to outdo a PS4 that is more powerful, with much larger internal storage, and ONLY $50 more expensive.  The WiiU is supposed to do this without really an EA support and every third-party turning their nose on it, as far as next gen console content goes.  The Wii U gets current gen stuff, to some extent, but is this stuff really being shown that much better than current gen stuff?

Second screen and Nintendo's exclusives are what the Wii U has.  Is that enough?

What are you talking about? You upgrade for the GAMES. It isn't about the HORSEPOWER. It is about the GAMES. GAMES GAMES GAMES. When developers quit releasing games you want on the 360/PS3 then you want to upgrade to the newest console to get your games. If it was just about horsepower for people everyone would buy new consoles on day one. Or you wouldn't hear people waiting for better games. The Wii-U isn't doing bad right now due to its Horsepower. It NEEDS MORE GAMES.

For Nintendo to get the games from third-party, it is going to have to sell a LOT better.  This requires looking at what it would take for the Wii U to sell better.  As it is now, they aren't adding the Wii U to the list of console for next gen stuff.  Sure, The U is getting some of the current gen stuff, but not much beyond it.  And horsepower is a reason why third-party is hesitant to do anything Wii U.  it isn't in the same class as the ONE and PS4, and developers don't want to code to it, as a result, unless it has sufficient sales.

It doesn't even have that strong of a first party library right now. It could be doing a lot better if Nintendo had already released Mario Kart 7, a better 3d mario as well as the 2d mario, and Zelda and other titles. 

POE said:

That was.......amazing!!!

Why? I feel like that kid in school not understanding the joke. Is it just because he wrote a lot, it's pro Nintendo, or what?

John...gotta love your Nintendo speeches. Makes me feel better about getting a Wii U at launch. Anyways..

Games I own currently:

Game & Wario: Meh...rushed..fun though
NSMBU: Great game. 7/10 easily.
Nintendo Land: Great with family and friends
Pikmin 3: Classic game...but short story mode. 9.5/10

I have Wind Waker HD pre-ordered. I plan on picking up W101 after it's under $40 within the next year or so.
Getting Sonic Lost World for sure in October.

November and December are the busiest for me. Watch_Dogs, Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World.
PLUS I'll be getting a few eShop games.

And then 2014 is going to be mindblowing. Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Yarn Yoshi, E3 Zelda U unveiling.

And my 3DS? I won't even get started LOL

Circle me on Google+

Game & Wario as an overall package is'nt that bad. Problem is that its an uneven package. There are moments of pure genius and there are passable average stuff. I'd say that if you do have RL friends or an actual family, it becomes a must have:

New Super Mario Bros U is also a kickass game wich shows off Nintendo's superior craftmanship. Here's from a 5 payer game with one player using the gamepad to create platforms to help the other 4:

JoeTheBro said:

Why? I feel like that kid in school not understanding the joke. Is it just because he wrote a lot, it's pro Nintendo, or what?

I'd go with Nintendo-evangelism. A state of mind which goes above all and transcends logic. A true beleiver, if you will.