By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DMC4. An anomoly, or a sign of things to come.

Bladeneo said:
FishyJoe said:
It's cherry picking because you're ignoring all the other cases of PS2 games that moved to the PS3, such as HSG5, VF5, Gundam, etc.

Which is why he said is it a trend of things to come, not games that have been released in the past. Read next time?

Thanks for proving my point.

Around the Network

@carlos

so what DMC IV is ALREADY a failure in profit....

At least give it a chance in EU/US

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

carlos710 said:
disolitude said:
carlos710 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ FishyJoe

I lose more and more faith in you as a mod each passing day.

Because he hasnt't banned you for your trolling in the rest of the forum??

DMC 3 was the 3rd game of the series in the same console. DMC 4 it's the first HD DMC. It was a failure in terms of profits IMO, since it sold way less than the first DMC on the ps2 while (likely) having way bigger development costs.

You're forgeting it was released to a much smaller userbase...

You are forgetting that nobody cares about attach rates.

Try to learn what this means: PROFIT

Early PS2 development costs were huge as well so I doubt capcom are going to be disappointed. DMC4 strikes me as a game with average development costs, possibly slightly higher due to having to develop on two consoles. How is 200,000 in one week in one region a bad thing? I guarantee its better than Capcom were anticipating. It'll probably have 400-500,000 sales during its first week on both platforms (so pushing a million), almost definately break even point for a game like DMC.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

carlos710 said:
So ps3 games will sell less than 50% of what ps2 games sold.

Yes => GT5 will do at most 7 million.

Read again. Do the maths.

@ DMeisterJ

You spelt anomaly wrong again.

Well... more PS3's are being sold every day. As the install base grows I would expect there's a greater chance that titles will sell better. Trend or not? You be the judge.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Bladeneo said:
FishyJoe said:
It's cherry picking because you're ignoring all the other cases of PS2 games that moved to the PS3, such as HSG5, VF5, Gundam, etc.

Which is why he said is it a trend of things to come, not games that have been released in the past. Read next time?

Thanks for ignoring mine. He's not suggesting all PS3 games are now going to succeed everyones expectations, nor is he suggesting previous PS2toPS3 "upgrades" havent performed below expectations. Yes, he is using a single games performance to estimate future performances. This may fall under the category of unpredictable, but it is not cherry picking.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

FishyJoe said:
Bladeneo said:
FishyJoe said:

I didn't say it was a sign of things to come (Sorry Bladeneo) if the mod here actually read the post, at the end I ask if it is an anomaly (Thanks Played_Out) or if it is a sign of things to come? <-- Do you see that question mark FishyJoe?  That means that it is a question.  Something I asked, and would like the answer to.  I don't know if this is a sign of things to come or not, hence the thread, and hence the question.  Can you just answer the question?

Bladeneo said:
carlos710 said:
disolitude said:
carlos710 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ FishyJoe

I lose more and more faith in you as a mod each passing day.

Because he hasnt't banned you for your trolling in the rest of the forum??

DMC 3 was the 3rd game of the series in the same console. DMC 4 it's the first HD DMC. It was a failure in terms of profits IMO, since it sold way less than the first DMC on the ps2 while (likely) having way bigger development costs.

You're forgeting it was released to a much smaller userbase...

You are forgetting that nobody cares about attach rates.

Try to learn what this means: PROFIT

Early PS2 development costs were huge as well so I doubt capcom are going to be disappointed. DMC4 strikes me as a game with average development costs, possibly slightly higher due to having to develop on two consoles. How is 200,000 in one week in one region a bad thing? I guarantee its better than Capcom were anticipating. It'll probably have 400-500,000 sales during its first week on both platforms (so pushing a million), almost definately break even point for a game like DMC.

NOT EVEN CLOSE to about 20 million for an HD game like now.

And DMC 4 may sell more than past DMC games worldwide (thanks to new x360 sales), but its likely going to be the worst rated DMC game ever on reviews. When developers make their games multiplatform instead of taking 100% advantage of a console's hardware the game loses quality quickly.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

hmm, could it just be that the PS2 had like a million games and this is the first game to come out in Japan that is any good since November... It is not like those 1.6 million PS3 have a ton of games and they really need to think hard whether or not they want to buy it. I guess they just wanted DMC4 to get break from watching Blu-ray movies.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

FishyJoe said:
Bladeneo said:
FishyJoe said:

He didn't prove your point, he DESTROYED IT!!!