By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DMC4. An anomoly, or a sign of things to come.

FishyJoe said:
It's cherry picking because you're ignoring all the other cases of PS2 games that moved to the PS3, such as HSG5, VF5, Gundam, etc.

Which is why he said is it a trend of things to come, not games that have been released in the past. Read next time?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
@ FishyJoe

I lose more and more faith in you as a mod each passing day.

Because he hasnt't banned you for your trolling in the rest of the forum??

DMC 3 was the 3rd game of the series in the same console. DMC 4 it's the first HD DMC.  It was a failure in terms of profits IMO, since it sold way less than the first DMC on the ps2 while (likely) having way bigger development costs.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

What your seeing is that the Devil May Cry crowd and people who like those games is the portion of PS3 owners in Japan who were early PS3 adopters.

So really, you can only apply it to those type of games. Note that Dynasty Warriors did well as well. Not as well as the PS2 ones, but still real good. Seems that's Ps3's target demo at the moment.

Early PS3 adopters in Japan love "Beat em ups."

carlos710 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ FishyJoe

DMC 3 was the 3rd game of the series in the same console. DMC 4 it's the first HD DMC. It was a failure in terms of profits IMO, since it sold way less than the first DMC on the ps2 while (likely) having way bigger development costs.

You're forgeting it was released to a much smaller userbase...

DMC 3 sales sucked ass because DMC 2 sucked major.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Around the Network
disolitude said:
carlos710 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ FishyJoe

DMC 3 was the 3rd game of the series in the same console. DMC 4 it's the first HD DMC. It was a failure in terms of profits IMO, since it sold way less than the first DMC on the ps2 while (likely) having way bigger development costs.

You're forgeting it was released to a much smaller userbase...

You are forgetting that nobody cares about attach rates.

Try to learn what this means: PROFIT 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

@ Kasz216

Thank you for actually answering my question, instead of accusing me of cherry picking.

So basically you're saying that DMC sold because that game reaches it's target demographic. Thanks!

@ Soriku

LOL... Don't steal from fkusumot!

Oops, doubly posted.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Kasz216

Thank you for actually answering my question, instead of accusing me of cherry picking.

So basically you're saying that DMC sold because that game reaches it's target demographic. Thanks!

Yeah, that's the way I see it anyway.  Should mean good things for Yakuza 3. 

I mean when you think about it, it does seem to fit.  All three games have even gotten bundles.  Sony really seems to want to expand that demographic first and foremost.  Possibly do to the lack of similar Wii games.