By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda: Wii U is "not on our radar". "It's largely a hardware thing."

Tagged games:

Zero999 said:
HoloDust said:
snyps said:
Osc89 said:

Erm, the Wii U has come out already. For example, I don't have Pikmin 3 yet. Does it make sense for me to go into a thread on Pikmin 3 and claim I know more about it than the people that do? Everyone is on a level playing field with PS4 and X1.

it's all a matter of opinion not who knows more. unless you're an engineer holding technical specifications.

Not so much...you can make educated guesses with info that is already available if you have bit of knowledge about hardware. He has absolutely none whatsoever apparently, when he makes such ridiculous statements thread after thread...to make a comparison, it would be if someone would start claiming that PS4 will perform on level on 780/TITAN 3-way SLI...and I mean literally.

I never said the wii u will perform in the exact SAME level of the ps4/xone but of course you would say that since you love puting words on my mouth. the fact is that we don't know the exact specifications for wii u gpu. however we do now it's highly customized and efficient gpu far ahead of what we see on ps360. we know the gpu's on ps4/xone are superior, but not that much. And when we consider the diminishing returns in graphics, we know it would take a much higher difference in order to have a noticeable and relevant graphical jump.

You should start to explain your point better, like i just did with mine, instead of calling others ridiculous. and please use something with more credibility than threads from somoene that starts with nin and ends with ade.

@bolded you tell us that no one but nintendo (and devs) know about the precise specfications of Wiiu's GPU and then proceed to say with great confidence that (even though you dont know as well) its not far off from what is inside PS4/X1. Mind telling me the logic in that? Assuming you are not a dev of course, you are making baseless assumptions (ie wishfull thinking).

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
Around the Network

It's Nintendo's own fault. Keep up with the times and stop rehashing old HW and old franchises.

bobgamer said:
Zero999 said:
HoloDust said:
snyps said:
Osc89 said:

Erm, the Wii U has come out already. For example, I don't have Pikmin 3 yet. Does it make sense for me to go into a thread on Pikmin 3 and claim I know more about it than the people that do? Everyone is on a level playing field with PS4 and X1.

it's all a matter of opinion not who knows more. unless you're an engineer holding technical specifications.

Not so much...you can make educated guesses with info that is already available if you have bit of knowledge about hardware. He has absolutely none whatsoever apparently, when he makes such ridiculous statements thread after thread...to make a comparison, it would be if someone would start claiming that PS4 will perform on level on 780/TITAN 3-way SLI...and I mean literally.

I never said the wii u will perform in the exact SAME level of the ps4/xone but of course you would say that since you love puting words on my mouth. the fact is that we don't know the exact specifications for wii u gpu. however we do now it's highly customized and efficient gpu far ahead of what we see on ps360. we know the gpu's on ps4/xone are superior, but not that much. And when we consider the diminishing returns in graphics, we know it would take a much higher difference in order to have a noticeable and relevant graphical jump.

You should start to explain your point better, like i just did with mine, instead of calling others ridiculous. and please use something with more credibility than threads from somoene that starts with nin and ends with ade.

@bolded you tell us that no one but nintendo (and devs) know about the precise specfications of Wiiu's GPU and then proceed to say with great confidence that (even though you dont know as well) its not far off from what is inside PS4/X1. Mind telling me the logic in that? Assuming you are not a dev of course, you are making baseless assumptions (ie wishfull thinking).

bolded: confirmation of the same advanced features that the others have (shaders, directx 11 equivlent...). plus what we have already seen shows how above from ps360 is. thus, it's not much bellow ps4/xone.

Zero999 said:
bobgamer said:
Zero999 said:
HoloDust said:
snyps said:
Osc89 said:

bolded: confirmation of the same advanced features that the others have (shaders, directx 11 equivlent...). plus what we have already seen shows how above from ps360 is. thus, it's not much bellow ps4/xone.

I definitely agree that Wiiu is above PS360 in terms of hardware but between them and their respective sucessors there is a BIG gap and i dont know why you seem to pick on the high end of the possibilities (heh, same way that i pick on the low end i guess). So yeah, i will be looking forward to DigitalFoundrys comparisons on the end of the year. One of us will be proven wrong :P (refrain from taking a jab at me on this)

― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
bobgamer said:
Zero999 said:

I definitely agree that Wiiu is above PS360 in terms of hardware but between them and their respective sucessors there is a BIG gap and i dont know why you seem to pick on the high end of the possibilities (heh, same way that i pick on the low end i guess). So yeah, i will be looking forward to DigitalFoundrys comparisons on the end of the year. One of us will be proven wrong :P (refrain from taking a jab at me on this)

watch dogs and ghosts (was said to be using the next gen engine on wii u) should be a good measure for multiplats. but games like X and mario kart 8, even sonic LW already prove my point.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
bobgamer said:
Zero999 said:

watch dogs and ghosts (was said to be using the next gen engine on wii u) should be a good measure for multiplats. but games like X and mario kart 8, even sonic LW already prove my point.

Indeed we will see how the wiiu fares against the others plataforms qith those titles. About Mario Kart and Sonic, they dont exactly showcase anything aince their graphics style dont have that objective (please dont say they are as good as pixar films). And while x is impressive and beautiful, if you compare it to the division that is also a open world game the difference is massive and stark (and theres been no port for the wiiu announced thus far, even though its Ubisoft - the most supportive thirdy party of nintendo, whichcan be because of hardware issues, key word=> can) on the amount of detail thqt each game has.

― Oscar Wilde
― Bernard M. Baruch
bobgamer said:
Zero999 said:

Indeed we will see how the wiiu fares against the others plataforms qith those titles. About Mario Kart and Sonic, they dont exactly showcase anything aince their graphics style dont have that objective (please dont say they are as good as pixar films). And while x is impressive and beautiful, if you compare it to the division that is also a open world game the difference is massive and stark (and theres been no port for the wiiu announced thus far, even though its Ubisoft - the most supportive thirdy party of nintendo, whichcan be because of hardware issues, key word=> can) on the amount of detail thqt each game has.

I'm pretty sure ubisoft is waiting for the performance of AC4 and watch dogs on wii u before announcing other games. watch dogs took 8 months to be confirmed on wii u, I can't see why the same won't happen with The division.

PS: X is in a whole different league of  "open world". you can't really compare those landscapes with those "small" city enviroments.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

if you have so much faith in the system? Why dont you have one?

first of all, saying the system will suceed is merely analysing the facts. any person with or without interest in a certain product can analyse it's situation. I can predict the next ipad to sell millions but having no intetion of purchasing one, for example. this is just one of many distortions you people love to throw when you run out of excuses.

either way, I DO want a wii u but I can't afford one yet.

its been out for months and various retailers have been selling it discounted for some time, but yet you cant afford one? ok

and no one said it wouldnt succeed, cause no one even knows what succeed is. It wont be doing Wii numbers so thats out the question. 

I think my word has more credibility than yours in regard to my financial situation.

you are ridiculously insinuating that not having an wii u should forbid me of talking positive things about it.

and no, wii numbers aren't out of the question, the game has just started.

relax i didnt say anything, if you cant afford it , then you cant afford, but you going pretty hard for someone who doesnt even own one, people in these forums that actually have one arent as crazy about it as you, but then again maybe it is BECAUSE they actually have one.

Selling less than even GC, 360, and PS3? in the same timeframe? Yeah its not catching Wii, unless it sells for longer, lets bet on it.

bolded: as I said multiple times before, owning the system or not is unrelated to defending it. and again you're ridiculously distorting everything to make it look like I'm forced to have a wii u in order to defend it.

bolded 2: right, in a period where it's sales are irrelevant to future predicitions, thanks to lack of software. if it's gonna pass wii or not, I don't know, but it certainly can. current sales mean nothing.

i never said you couldnt defend it, do whatever you want, i (and a few others apparently) find it odd that you are going so in on a product you dont even own...like it was a family member. 

Fair enough but then where are you getting YOUR predictions from? Because if they are not coming from a tangible place that kind of makes sense they are just wishful thoughts at best, nonsense ramblings of a madman at worst, BUT you have your right to them, so have at it. Just dont expect people to take you too seriously if its the latter.

bobgamer said:
Zero999 said:
HoloDust said:
snyps said:
Osc89 said:

the funny thing is we are in a thread where we have an actual dev pretty much saying its a hardware issue and what do some of the fans say? They are lying and they are lazy, so at the end of the day it doesnt really make sense to even discuss. On one hand they will say only Ninty and the devs know what WIi U is capable of, then we have Ninty making games that arent exactly melting eyeballs right now and some devs saying the WIi U is not up to snuff. and then they say the devs be lying.

Zero999 said:

I'm pretty sure ubisoft is waiting for the performance of AC4 and watch dogs on wii u before announcing other games. watch dogs took 8 months to be confirmed on wii u, I can't see why the same won't happen with The division.

PS: X is in a whole different league of  "open world". you can't really compare those landscapes with those "small" city enviroments.

tbh i don't really care either way about this issue but uh... seriously?

GTA 5 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

X : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Q4ld4uqcY

does anyone who isn't a nintendo fan really think X looks better than gta 5?

especially when you consider that the world of gta 5 will be far far far more interactive? and filled with far far far more content?