By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One’s Game Recording Features Restricted To Xbox Live Gold Members

DarthVolod said:

Sorry the pictures are kind of off center... by a lot that is because I have a bunch of stuff in front of my shelf blocking it atm, and my phone camera sucks too.

Microsoft's aggressive push of gold has put paywalls up over things that really don't need it ... like Netflix for example. It is silly to require gold for that when even my 3ds can stream it for free. While I still contend that the vast majority of people that will use DVR features will already have gold ... it is still kind of absurd, and I doubt it will encourage a single user to buy gold just for DVR usage alone.

I like your analogy though. For me, the whale has made its way back to the sea between all the reversals, the positive news (indie friendly stance of Microsoft now, headset included, free games with gold ect.). It has not, however, fully made its way back out to open water. So long as Microsoft delivers on their promise of exclusive games and new franchises first year of Xbox One, it will have redeemed itself.

It was a terrible E3, and no one can deny that. PS3 had a terrible E3 when it was announced as well, and they bounced back. Microsoft can do the same.

You know I absolutely hope you're right, because there is this illusion a lot of people have that if Sony was gone from gaming or if Microsoft was gone from it, then the other platform would magically excel and get all the games and there would be no issues due to creating games for 2 sets of hardware.... This so isn't the case, in any market you need to have competition, without it whatever company is left over will stagnate and do nothing to impress their fans, they dont need to if the fans don't have an alternate option to choose from. I absolutely believe that if it wasn't for the imcoming PSP back when the GBA was just hitting it's stride we would only be looking at the middle of the DS's lifespan around now.

One damn annoying thing about having both systems tho is the incoming GTA ... I can't preorder it because I know as soon as I do there will be news that one version of it is far superior to the other and regardless of being a fan of MS or Sony I wanna play the best version of GTA5 that's around.... I'll prolly end up with both just to be sure heh.

I know you could now say that both E3s were kinda missing stuff btw, since outside of the crazy indie turn out the ps4 had there wasn't that many games but I really do feel if it wasn't for Tretton coming out and basically saying that ps4 supported gamers owning their own games there wouldn't have been any 180s on the DRM policies of the X1 and for that, as a game collector I'm eternally greatful to Sony.

Edit - Should be said that I have all of the games I've ever owned in my life... I still have my 2600 with it's games sat next to my 42" tv :D blocks so big they'll cut you! but still I love collecting them almost more than I do playing them! scary thought.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:

You know I absolutely hope you're right, because there is this illusion a lot of people have that if Sony was gone from gaming or if Microsoft was gone from it, then the other platform would magically excel and get all the games and there would be no issues due to creating games for 2 sets of hardware.... This so isn't the case, in any market you need to have competition, without it whatever company is left over will stagnate and do nothing to impress their fans, they dont need to if the fans don't have an alternate option to choose from. I absolutely believe that if it wasn't for the imcoming PSP back when the GBA was just hitting it's stride we would only be looking at the middle of the DS's lifespan around now.

One damn annoying thing about having both systems tho is the incoming GTA ... I can't preorder it because I know as soon as I do there will be news that one version of it is far superior to the other and regardless of being a fan of MS or Sony I wanna play the best version of GTA5 that's around.... I'll prolly end up with both just to be sure heh.

I know you could now say that both E3s were kinda missing stuff btw, since outside of the crazy indie turn out the ps4 had there wasn't that many games but I really do feel if it wasn't for Tretton coming out and basically saying that ps4 supported gamers owning their own games there wouldn't have been any 180s on the DRM policies of the X1 and for that, as a game collector I'm eternally greatful to Sony.

Edit - Should be said that I have all of the games I've ever owned in my life... I still have my 2600 with it's games sat next to my 42" tv :D blocks so big they'll cut you! but still I love collecting them almost more than I do playing them! scary thought.

The more console makers in the market the better imo. If the market could still support it, I would even like to see Sega still in the race (never a Sega fan, but they brought out the best in Nintendo back in the day).

I'm getting GTA V on 360. I am sure the PS3 version will be just as good. The differences between 360 and PS3 versions have always been minor. The only exception being Skyrim ... was downright unplayable on PS3 from what I played of it.

I will always be grateful for Sony sticking with used games, but I think people need a reality check on their E3 ... they did almost nothing. Hardly any games announced (aside from indie stuff ... some of which will be on xbox one), PS Plus is now a mandatory service for multiplayer, and Vita was left dead in the water (first party support will be dropped at this rate). Aside from Killzone and Infamous SS, where is the support? Where is a teaser for a new Uncharted or God of War ect. It is only because the Microsoft E3 was so terrible that Sony got a free pass this year (I give credit to Microsoft though for at least taking a risk... a costly choice, but still).

I almost never sell my games too. Huge collector of all systems. Am trying to find more sealed games now though ... something really cool about owning old games that have never been opened.

you two need to clip your damn quote trees or I'll have to ban you for something as silly as being inconsiderate to forum readers' scrolling fingers.

Torillian said:
you two need to clip your damn quote trees or I'll have to ban you for something as silly as being inconsiderate to forum readers' scrolling fingers.

Oh my, thanks! It felt like we had to scroll the conversation 5 times before reading an actual new comment.  -__-

DarthVolod said:
ganoncrotch said:

I almost never sell my games too. Huge collector of all systems. Am trying to find more sealed games now though ... something really cool about owning old games that have never been opened.

Sealed games, I think I have maybe 3-4 sealed ones in all my games, I have a Zelda Collectors edition for the GC (that disk with OoT and Majoras mask on it) sealed which I was handed for nothing when I worked in a games store and I have a few atari 2600 games which I came across at a boot sale still with their plastic factory seal on them, would be worth something if they weren't Junk "Real sports" games hah. Should always keep an eye out on charity shops and Boot sales tho when it comes to rare old games, never know what you'll find handed in at some of those shops.

- also sorry for the massive walls of old text! should just keep the bits which are relevent I know!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive