By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Power kept to their promise, made readers CRY

Well, Tales of Symphonia was the only RPG released in the past 10 years that I was able to finish before I lost interest in it. I'm disappointed this isn't a new game announcement though.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Around the Network

Damn, I was sure it was going to be a port of Dragon Age from Bioware.

@Gamerace: We didn't know about this--we knew about Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk, not Dawn of the New World. There are 2 Symphonia games being made for Wii?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Also: Feel like scanning that Smash review?? (pretty pweez )

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
loadedstatement said:
Stop bitching. Its a good series and tons of people will be happy about it. And the Sonic RPG should be great as well. I, for one, will pick up both.

On a different note, looks like they reviewed SSBB? I wonder what they gave it...

yeah me too,anyone got the issue to tell the review

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I told everyone they'd be diaspointed.

kingofwale said:
>But what's so bad about Tales of Symphonia?

there's nothing wrong with it. decent game by any means, average score of above 8, although Nintendo Power gave the first one a 9.5 out of 10.

but the promised... I quote:

"Next month’s cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we’d have to erase your memories if we told you what it is."

Nothing epic about ToS

Nothing epic about ToS ?, wow, you sure seem to know a lot about the game to say there's nothing epic about it.     /sarcasm/

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

>On a different note, looks like they reviewed SSBB? I wonder what they gave it...

probably perfect score. if ToS is "epic", then SSBB is probably the best thing since sliced bread.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I like this better than KH 3, Sonic RPG or any lame SE RPG. I am happy.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

>Nothing epic about ToS ?, wow, you sure seem to know a lot about the game to say there's nothing epic about it

Epic implies GotY caliber games (if not game of the decade), will ToS ever be considered/mistaken as GotY? You tell me

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)