By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2013: Seattle Seahawks win Super Bowl XLVIII

Preseason voting: Who will win the Super Bowl?

Ravens 28 6.14%

Patriots 53 11.62%

Broncos 141 30.92%

Texans 9 1.97%

Other (AFC) 19 4.17%

49ers 32 7.02%

Falcons 5 1.10%

Packers 17 3.73%

Seahawks 101 22.15%

Other (NFC) 47 10.31%

Total:452
RolStoppable said:
burninmylight said:

Racist much? Link me to superchunk's post then. I have to see this.

Okay, here goes. But be warned, it's not for the faint of the heart.

superchunk: What up foo?

dat's right, still in dis bitch nigga.

let me throw dis down to ya.

dem falcons, yeah, they gonna get worked like a Taiwanese whore when the Navy stops in BANG-COCK. Dat shit gonna end 28-21 Niners.

Now for realz we have the A Fucking FC. Them niggas are a bunch of bitches. Shit, them Raven bitches shouldn't even be up in hear see. So New Fucking England will win this shit like when Mike Tyson did have that fucked up picasso shit on his face and beat niggas down in one punch. 17-28 Patriots.

Let it ride mutha-fucker all on me and you'll be a winner. cuz, I'm a real pimp and the only true nigga in this game.

SF-NE Superbowl here we come!

superchunk (three days later): YA know, I know that was overboard and a little stupid. But I figured you'd at least comment on it.

Rol: I have a hard time deciding what is worse between this and the statement that Metroid: Other M has 2D gameplay. I think I'll go with this PM, because it means that you are black.

*Metroid: Other M talk snipped*

Rol (one day later): Which brings me to the conclusion that you are easily impressionable. You bought a PS3, after all.

superchunk: hey, there were games that needed to be played. But yeah, you're point make sense.

What if I were to tell you that I am in fact a black man, and this was how I once talked? Would you have banned me for being a knuckleheaded teen who was a product of my community??

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Okay, here goes. But be warned, it's not for the faint of the heart.

superchunk: What up foo?

dat's right, still in dis bitch nigga.

let me throw dis down to ya.

dem falcons, yeah, they gonna get worked like a Taiwanese whore when the Navy stops in BANG-COCK. Dat shit gonna end 28-21 Niners.

Now for realz we have the A Fucking FC. Them niggas are a bunch of bitches. Shit, them Raven bitches shouldn't even be up in hear see. So New Fucking England will win this shit like when Mike Tyson did have that fucked up picasso shit on his face and beat niggas down in one punch. 17-28 Patriots.

Let it ride mutha-fucker all on me and you'll be a winner. cuz, I'm a real pimp and the only true nigga in this game.

SF-NE Superbowl here we come!

superchunk (three days later): YA know, I know that was overboard and a little stupid. But I figured you'd at least comment on it.

Rol: I have a hard time deciding what is worse between this and the statement that Metroid: Other M has 2D gameplay. I think I'll go with this PM, because it means that you are black.

*Metroid: Other M talk snipped*

Rol (one day later): Which brings me to the conclusion that you are easily impressionable. You bought a PS3, after all.

superchunk: hey, there were games that needed to be played. But yeah, your point make sense.

Bolded was referring to the part he snipped in our discussion regarding Metroid Other M.

for the record... I thought it was funny you uncultered bastards.

RolStoppable said:

Why the Chargers will win the Super Bowl

Every year since 2009, the team that faces Philadelphia in the Eagles' home opener has gone on to win the Super Bowl that season. Incredibly, the 2009 Saints, 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants and 2012 Ravens have that first game in Philadelphia in common. The 2013 Chargers beat the Eagles in their home opener Week 2, 33-30.

So long as they don't have to play the Chiefs' backups, I can totally see it happening!

RolStoppable said:

Every year since 2009, the team that faces Philadelphia in the Eagles' home opener has gone on to win the Super Bowl that season. Incredibly, the 2009 Saints, 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants and 2012 Ravens have that first game in Philadelphia in common. The 2013 Chargers beat the Eagles in their home opener Week 2, 33-30.

The entire AFC West beat the Eagles and most of the NFC East this year. I think the Cheifs and Broncos did it in blowout style. This would be a sad day in the NFL since the Chargers got in off of luck and Alex Smith was benched for the back part of the Chiefs -Chargers game. The Chiefs were locked up in position 5 for weeks so they probably rested a ton of players.

chocoloco said:
RolStoppable said:

The entire AFC West beat the Eagles and most of the NFC East this year. I think the Cheifs and Broncos did it in blowout style. This would be a sad day in the NFL since the Chargers got in off of luck and Alex Smith was benched for the back part of the Chiefs -Chargers game. The Chiefs were locked up in position 5 for weeks so they probably rested a ton of players.

Yes, but only the team that beat them in their home opener gets to win the Super Bowl.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I wouldn't mind the Chargers winning the SuperBowl.

Too bad Seattle is going to take it all. :)

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

RolStoppable said:

Less than eight hours left until the first wild-card playoff game starts. I have received picks from:

Zelhawks37, BoneArk, NinjaBlade360, superchunk, insomniac17, zuvuyeay and Level1Death.

If your name is missing from this list, then you still have to submit your predictions, either via PM or by posting in this thread. Special circumstances for NobleTeam360, but I trust that he is not a complete idiot.

In case somebody misses one or more playoff games, they can of course still submit picks for the remaining game(s).

I sent them to noname earlier this morning. Since he hasn't been online though I'll probably just post them in the thread. 

good luck, i could change all my picks and be happy,hoping to get lucky myself

Above & Beyond

Colts over Chiefs 24-20
Eagles over Saints 38-34
Bengals over Chargers 27-23
49ers over Packers 30-27

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers