By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New "Games with gold" game gone up... It's Crackdown!

Tagged games:

ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:
ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:
Both games are banned in Germany. We will get Shadowrun and Lost Planet 2.

Why in the hell was Crackdown banned in Germany? there wasn't even germans in it if I recall right? just like Spanish and Japanese or so I dunno been a while since I played it.

Because we have this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Department_for_Media_Harmful_to_Young_Persons

They decide if a game is allowed to release in Germany or not. If they think a game shows too much violence they ban it. But the whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. For example, Gears of War 1 and 2 also got banned, while 3 wasn't. I hate Germany :(

fast glance over that but wtf, once it gets added to the ban list there it's indexed for 25 years before it can be reviewed as harmful again for kids?! you'll get to play Gears of War 1 and 2 when you're 50.... will be kinda like people getting to see the phantom menace in 2000 after the star wars trilogy in the 70s and 80s :D I can assure you... Gears 1 does not feature jar jar binks!

Thanks to amazon.co.uk I still get my banned games delivered to my home! :D This is getting even more ridiculous: If I buy a game allowed for people >= 18 I have to be at home when delivery is due so the postman can check my identity and that I am over 18. If I buy a banned game at amazon.co.uk I get it although it's banned and there is no age-verification.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:
ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:
Both games are banned in Germany. We will get Shadowrun and Lost Planet 2.

Why in the hell was Crackdown banned in Germany? there wasn't even germans in it if I recall right? just like Spanish and Japanese or so I dunno been a while since I played it.

Because we have this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Department_for_Media_Harmful_to_Young_Persons

They decide if a game is allowed to release in Germany or not. If they think a game shows too much violence they ban it. But the whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. For example, Gears of War 1 and 2 also got banned, while 3 wasn't. I hate Germany :(

fast glance over that but wtf, once it gets added to the ban list there it's indexed for 25 years before it can be reviewed as harmful again for kids?! you'll get to play Gears of War 1 and 2 when you're 50.... will be kinda like people getting to see the phantom menace in 2000 after the star wars trilogy in the 70s and 80s :D I can assure you... Gears 1 does not feature jar jar binks!

Thanks to amazon.co.uk I still get my banned games delivered to my home! :D This is getting even more ridiculous: If I buy a game allowed for people >= 18 I have to be at home when delivery is due so the postman can check my identity and that I am over 18. If I buy a banned game at amazon.co.uk I get it although it's banned and there is no age-verification.

Some odd stuff on that wiki of stuff that's banned tho "games movies or art which glorifies war or trivialises violence" .... so .... there's no CoD in germany then? or street fighter 4, the first time someone does some Spraying and Praying they're just Trivialising deaths they might cause. You should move to Ireland, here we got pretty much no rules on gaming since the Government here hears games and think mario jumping on Goombas on the NES, altho on saying that financially Germany owns Ireland... so maybe wait a few years to come here.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Sweet just started downloading it.

ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:

Some odd stuff on that wiki of stuff that's banned tho "games movies or art which glorifies war or trivialises violence" .... so .... there's no CoD in germany then? or street fighter 4, the first time someone does some Spraying and Praying they're just Trivialising deaths they might cause. You should move to Ireland, here we got pretty much no rules on gaming since the Government here hears games and think mario jumping on Goombas on the NES, altho on saying that financially Germany owns Ireland... so maybe wait a few years to come here.

Of course we have COD. It's so confusing here, I have no words for it.

And I have been to Ireland already, in 2004 and 2005. In 2004 we could still smoke in the pubs, in 2005 the fun was over :D

First time we were in Killarney (Lady's view) and second time we had a house next to the Skelligs so we only were at the ring of Kerry but it was absolutely nice there. I liked talking to the old Irish at the pubs. Open-minded people and very nice to tourists!

walsufnir said:
ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:

And I have been to Ireland already, in 2004 and 2005. In 2004 we could still smoke in the pubs, in 2005 the fun was over :D

First time we were in Killarney (Lady's view) and second time we had a house next to the Skelligs so we only were at the ring of Kerry but it was absolutely nice there. I liked talking to the old Irish at the pubs. Open-minded people and very nice to tourists!

Yup we are, I live on the start of the Ring of Kerry myself good old Rose of Tralee :) I'm loving the Irish way of dealing with stuff more and more now, I'd say we have some of the most multicultured people living here, very little in the lines of crime over race etc, massive LGBT communities with very few people who give grief to them and just this week passed laws to allow abortion if needed, When reading about some of the crime around the world just based 100% on not agreeing with someones Race/beliefs or who they wanna love I really feel bad for people not living here. Not sure if that makes sense... I'm rather tired.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I'm not getting this. I'm still missing a few orbs and I'm not getting sucked into spending hours and hours trying to find them. Awesome game though. The real fun starts when you finish the campaign. Pesky bad guys shooting at you when your hunting for orbs.

Amazing game, looking forward to collecting them orbs again.

ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:
ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:

Yup we are, I live on the start of the Ring of Kerry myself good old Rose of Tralee :) I'm loving the Irish way of dealing with stuff more and more now, I'd say we have some of the most multicultured people living here, very little in the lines of crime over race etc, massive LGBT communities with very few people who give grief to them and just this week passed laws to allow abortion if needed, When reading about some of the crime around the world just based 100% on not agreeing with someones Race/beliefs or who they wanna love I really feel bad for people not living here. Not sure if that makes sense... I'm rather tired.

I was in Tralee! We took the Ferry so we could drive to the cliffs of Moher (misspelled it, I think ;)).

its good get it guys, second one kind sucks though.

walsufnir said:
ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:
ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:

I was in Tralee! We took the Ferry so we could drive to the cliffs of Moher (misspelled it, I think ;)).

hmmm 8 years ago, if you stopped into a net cafe for any reason in Tralee you would have seen me I think. glad you enjoyed the area tho, I think we got it lovely down here.

Was thinking tis pretty cool this game going free to all gold people, means everyone getting a copy will be able to play the co op campaign since everyone getting it has gold. Xbox republic should pair up in 2s :D