By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New "Games with gold" game gone up... It's Crackdown!

Tagged games:

I love this game! Going to play through it again:)

Around the Network
Zappykins said:

It's it good?

I am not good at turning down free games. It's a problem of mine.

I did like defense grid, but haven't had a chance to finish it yet.

Please don't kill me for saying this, but two games a month is almost like too many.  Unless, I guess if you really hate the game, but they have all been rather good to great games.

Graphics are a bit dated now. If you get used to it, it's a blast:)

riderz13371 said:

Enjoy it!

I think I will:)

ganoncrotch said:

As we roll over to the 1st of Augest we get the newest game in the "Games with Gold" promotion. First 2 weeks of this month we get to Download and Keep a free copy of Crackdown from Microsoft, by no means a bad game in itself but I believe I purchased my copy of this from gamestop new about 2 years ago for .98c along with a copy of Bullet witch. Free is free tho so go and click the link now to add the license to your 360 account even if you don't download it now as long as you confirm the purchase you effectively can download the game any time you want on your live account forever.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/Live/game-with-gold

You can get your free copy from them and then trade your copy in to game stop for your .98c. 

"I support the industry that's why I rock with all of the Big 3!"

Both games are banned in Germany. We will get Shadowrun and Lost Planet 2.

Around the Network
TwoThreeSoFly said:
ganoncrotch said:

As we roll over to the 1st of Augest we get the newest game in the "Games with Gold" promotion. First 2 weeks of this month we get to Download and Keep a free copy of Crackdown from Microsoft, by no means a bad game in itself but I believe I purchased my copy of this from gamestop new about 2 years ago for .98c along with a copy of Bullet witch. Free is free tho so go and click the link now to add the license to your 360 account even if you don't download it now as long as you confirm the purchase you effectively can download the game any time you want on your live account forever.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/Live/game-with-gold

You can get your free copy from them and then trade your copy in to game stop for your .98c. 

Imma be honest, I have so much dlc and content on my 360 and just a 120gb hdd so I will keep onto the disk version to save some space. Forza 4 alone takes up 13gb with the collectors edition dlc.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mr Puggsly said:
Crackdown is fucking awesome. I hope this brings more interest in the IP.

I already own a physical copy, but I want the digital copy too.

With a few million people getting handed a free copy of it at least more people can easily enjoy the Co-Op Campaign now again with the injection of players checking it out for the first time who missed it when the xbox360 launched.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

walsufnir said:

Why in the hell was Crackdown banned in Germany? there wasn't even germans in it if I recall right? just like Spanish and Japanese or so I dunno been a while since I played it.

ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:

Why in the hell was Crackdown banned in Germany? there wasn't even germans in it if I recall right? just like Spanish and Japanese or so I dunno been a while since I played it.

Because we have this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Department_for_Media_Harmful_to_Young_Persons

They decide if a game is allowed to release in Germany or not. If they think a game shows too much violence they ban it. But the whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. For example, Gears of War 1 and 2 also got banned, while 3 wasn't. I hate Germany :(

walsufnir said:
ganoncrotch said:
walsufnir said:

Because we have this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Department_for_Media_Harmful_to_Young_Persons

They decide if a game is allowed to release in Germany or not. If they think a game shows too much violence they ban it. But the whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. For example, Gears of War 1 and 2 also got banned, while 3 wasn't. I hate Germany :(

fast glance over that but wtf, once it gets added to the ban list there it's indexed for 25 years before it can be reviewed as harmful again for kids?! you'll get to play Gears of War 1 and 2 when you're 50.... will be kinda like people getting to see the phantom menace in 2000 after the star wars trilogy in the 70s and 80s :D I can assure you... Gears 1 does not feature jar jar binks!