By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Has Unlimited Friends

Contrary to published reports comparing the Xbox One's friends list versus the PS4's friends list, the Xbox One has a virtually unlimited friend list.  In an interview with Angry Joe shortly after Microsoft's E3 conference, Larry Hyrb (Xbox LIVE's MajorNelson) clarified Xbox One's friends list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo#t=2m26s

While there isn't a hard limit given, it sounds as though the Xbox One's friends list can expand as much as you might possibly and practically need.

Around the Network

If I make it past 20 friends on any machine then I would be shocked.

I too have unlimited imaginary friends..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Adinnieken said:

Contrary to published reports comparing the Xbox One's friends list versus the PS4's friends list, the Xbox One has a virtually unlimited friend list.  In an interview with Angry Joe shortly after Microsoft's E3 conference, Larry Hyrb (Xbox LIVE's MajorNelson) clarified Xbox One's friends list.

While there isn't a hard limit given, it sounds as though the Xbox One's friends list can expand as much as you might possibly and practically need.

Do anyone needs more than 2k friends ?

And I don't know why we are talking about this, that's not a sales argument.

Are we gonna compare d*ck size next ?

good

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
Adinnieken said:

Do anyone needs more than 2k friends ?

And I don't know why we are talking about this, that's not a sales argument.

Are we gonna compare d*ck size next ?

I don't know, it's a clarification.  I doubt the average person needs more than 100. 

That said, I believe the reason it has an "unlimited" friends list is because of Skype.  More than likely Skype will import your Facebook friends.  While not every Facebook friend will be an Xbox LIVE member, they are someone who you'll be able to speak to via Skype on your Xbox One.  It's similar to what happened with Windows Messenger on the Xbox 360. 

Well, that's that, then. PS4 pre-order canceled, XO pre-order initiated.

You know unlimited is impossible in any software? You can have millions, billions, trillions... zillions but not unlimited.

Good. I have more than 2000 friends you know...

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Lol, people rarely go over 100, now we're gonna have people with thousands of imaginary friends.