By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Vita won't work as extra PS4 controller

riderz13371 said:
I'm gonna buy a 250$ Vita to use as a controller instead of a 60$ DS4.

Damn I'm intelligent as fuck.

No, I think the logic is; Yay! I can use my PSV that I already own as a controller. 

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
riderz13371 said:

No, I think the logic is; Yay! I can use my PSV that I already own as a controller. 

Or you could use the controller that comes with the PS4 you buy. YAY

riderz13371 said:

Obviously. You compare the benefits of single use device and a multi-purpose device. Great indicator of value!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

walsufnir said:
JoeTheBro said:
Why oh why is this even an issue? Vita will be great for remote play, but it aint no ds4.

I still don't get it. People are laughing at the WiiU that they offer a tablet where you can also remotely play but the vita-solution is getting likes. Although it will most probably be a technical inferior solution (enhanced wifi vs. standard wifi).

With Sony and remote play it is very straightforward. If you have a Vita, all traditional games played with DS4 will work with remote play. Also in home the quality should be on par with Wii U streaming. At least with PS3 you could connect directly without wi fi just like with Wii U so I hope/expect the same to be true for PS4 but we don't know yet.

Nintendo gets laughed at a lot for the Wii U gamepad because 1) asymmetrical play has failed to workout beyond party games and 2) the expensive gamepad is forced on consumers. I love doing off tv play on my Wii U and will love remote play on Vita-PS4 but all the details behind the curtain are what make people prefer one over the other, even if the end experience is identical.

riderz13371 said:
Adinnieken said:
riderz13371 said:

Yes, but if you plunked down $250 for a PSV and then you plunk down $400 for a PS4, one might hope that they might be able to get some use out of the PSV as a secondary controller so they don't have to plunk down another $60.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
riderz13371 said:
Adinnieken said:
riderz13371 said:

Yes, but if you plunked down $250 for a PSV and then you plunk down $400 for a PS4, one might hope that they might be able to get some use out of the PSV as a secondary controller so they don't have to plunk down another $60.

You didn't buy a PS Vita in hopes of being able to use it for a PS4. When Vita was released the PS4 didn't even exist to people. Saying that you were hoping to use a Vita as a possible controller on the PS4 is laughable. You guys are just trying to nit pick at every little thing. I don't even understand why you care seeing as you probably don't own a Vita and you most likely won't own a PS4.

Adinnieken said:
riderz13371 said:
Adinnieken said:
riderz13371 said:

The PSV is not a DS4! Why in the world would anyone EXPECT them to be interchangeable? Sure in that situation it would be nice to save $60 but it's a silly thing to argue about.

bigd615 said:
If the game is going to be playing on the TV, I'd much rather use a real controller so it doesn't bother me much. As long as I can play PS4 games on the vita via remote play, I'll be happy.

(P.S. has anyone clarified if the PS4 can be used for Netflix, etc during remote play?)

No clue, but if you're interested in doing that then I have to ask, why not just Netflix on Vita?

4 ≈ One

Is that really important to have cross-play anyway ? I bet very few consumers would use that eventually.

weird... people keep saying wii u is a gimmick... yet they want a touch screen controller for their ps4.....