By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Vita won't work as extra PS4 controller

DialgaMarine said:
While it would be a nice feature, it's completely unnecessary and a waste of Vita's potential. We already know that Remote Play will bring us the off TV screen play and will be mandatory for all games, and that's good enough right there. Yoshida is simply saying that it will be an extra option if developers choose to do so, so there will be games (probably LBP co-op type games) that support the feature. It just won't be mandatory. Honestly, that's part of the reason why I personally can't stand the Wii-U. Way too much emphasis on the gamepad, and games suffer because of it.

they emphasize the gamepad because that is the hook of the system. But in reality most games use it sparingly.

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
weird... people keep saying wii u is a gimmick... yet they want a touch screen controller for their ps4.....

for Sony its just an option, another tool in the set. They are not riding the wave of it, with Wii U they kind of are or at least trying to.

italo244 said:
And Gamescon will be focused on PS4. I dont know, but if it really happens, i will have sure that Sony isnt giving a fuck to the Vita.

be careful, I was banned for this statement.

OT: Nothing at all indicates to a turn-around for the Vita. No system sellers, no future 1st party support, no pricecut and a forecast by Sony to ship only 4 million PS Vitas worldwide for the whole year.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Dgc1808 said:
bigd615 said:
If the game is going to be playing on the TV, I'd much rather use a real controller so it doesn't bother me much. As long as I can play PS4 games on the vita via remote play, I'll be happy.

(P.S. has anyone clarified if the PS4 can be used for Netflix, etc during remote play?)

No clue, but if you're interested in doing that then I have to ask, why not just Netflix on Vita?

Think about it this way. I want to play a game, but my wife wants to watch netflix. So I remote play with Vita while she uses Netflix app on PS4.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

First you can't turn the led of your controller off while the controller is on now this, Sony is going downhill fast next thing you know you won't be able to grill on the ps4 like you could with the ps3

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

i wish Sony would just make a Playstation Tablet that runs Vita games on it.. 8inch and sexy as the Experia tab. yes there will be no physical buttons but people will get used to it.

outlawauron said:
Dgc1808 said:
bigd615 said:
If the game is going to be playing on the TV, I'd much rather use a real controller so it doesn't bother me much. As long as I can play PS4 games on the vita via remote play, I'll be happy.

(P.S. has anyone clarified if the PS4 can be used for Netflix, etc during remote play?)

No clue, but if you're interested in doing that then I have to ask, why not just Netflix on Vita?

Think about it this way. I want to play a game, but my wife wants to watch netflix. So I remote play with Vita while she uses Netflix app on PS4.

Ah, now I understand his question. I wouldn't expect that feature since remote play in its current form leaves the home console useless during the process but who knows.

4 ≈ One

chapset said:
First you can't turn the led of your controller off while the controller is on now this, Sony is going downhill fast next thing you know you won't be able to grill on the ps4 like you could with the ps3

I've got bad news, dude. :(

4 ≈ One

DirtyP2002 said:
italo244 said:
And Gamescon will be focused on PS4. I dont know, but if it really happens, i will have sure that Sony isnt giving a fuck to the Vita.

OT: Nothing at all indicates to a turn-around for the Vita. No system sellers, no future 1st party support, no pricecut and a forecast by Sony to ship only 4 million PS Vitas worldwide for the whole year.

Be banned for saying that Sony kinda dont care about the Vita or the "fuck" part? Cuz everyone can see the Vita situation here. Im not saying its a bad portable system, i like it so much and i want to get one, but nobody is blind, if Sony dont show anything big for Vita at gamescon, it will only have Killzone and Tearaway for the next 4 months, and i dont think they will push so much hardware, only if they are bundled. 

Like you said, there is no system sellers, they dont announce 1st party games nor big franchises, and the price is kinda high. Thats a shame. 

italo244 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
italo244 said:

Be banned for saying that Sony kinda dont care about the Vita or the "fuck" part? Cuz everyone can see the Vita situation here. Im not saying its a bad portable system, i like it so much and i want to get one, but nobody is blind, if Sony dont show anything big for Vita at gamescon, it will only have Killzone and Tearaway for the next 4 months, and i dont think they will push so much hardware, only if they are bundled. 

Like you said, there is no system sellers, they dont announce 1st party games nor big franchises, and the price is kinda high. Thats a shame. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5330590

3 days ban. Reason: This comment just seems like you're fishing to piss off Sony fans.

True story.

Anyway, Sony should have tried to creat a portable IP from the start. The 3DS has pokemon, which is just perfect for a handheld. Sony should have developed a game that just makes more sense to play on a handheld than on console.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...