By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One set to launch November 29th. Right in time to sell 100's of thousands

Miss Black Friday? I doubt it very much somehow.

Early November for both in the US. These figures maybe in Europe.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Might be, but I don't know if it will make the One that advatageous anyways.

CGI-Quality said:

December release for either console is out of the question. November 29th seems a tad late (a week later than the 360's launch), but it wouldn't be entirely out of the question. I personally expect the PS4 to release around Oct 29, the X-One, Nov 5.

I don't think they will release as late as 360. In that case, they knew that the other consoles would release only in the next year. Now there already is one next gen console out there and the PS4 will come in a similar time frame. I think we will see both out by the end of October.

pezus said:
Zappykins said:
That is Black Friday in the state. I would think they would want to launch at least a week or two before, and then cash in on another peak of sales on Black Friday.

If those are the actual dates, and PS4 is in December. Then yes, another advantage Microsoft. But I think the PS4 will start well in the states, but then get slaughtered within a year or so.

I just don't see it having any legs other than the true hard core fans.

A playstation console not having any legs? That would be a first

I know! Crazy it sounds.  (Like I have been smoking things with Patcher, but I assure you I have not.)

But currently, the PS3 has about half the sales of the Xbox in North America.  The 360 is about to be the number #1 7th Gen console there, and the Xbox has had more sales than the PS3 for the last several years, even with the recent release of a well loved, well reviewed game, The Lasf of US.  The PS3 has had all this going for it, and still lagging in 3rd place.

I think consumers will see the Nintedo Tablet thing for the kids, the Xbox One as the game/media/football/I can talk to it machine, and then there is that other Playstation thing.  (Hey, I remember the playstation, my cousin had one.)  This time it doesn't have blu-ray helping it, which I know several of my friend bought it for that. 

A bunch of hardcore gamers will certainly buy it day one.  But you can't 'play memory' and that what most of the buzz is about.  I just don't see anything that will give the PS4 a real draw in North America over the long term. 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

riderz13371 said:
TheSting said:
riderz13371 said:
Advantage Microsoft? lmao it's available TWO WEEKS earlier (according to this RUMOR).

Dat advantage.

Still an advantage no matter what ways you try to be funny. 

100$ cheaper is an advantage. Releasing 14 days sooner is not.

Not at launch it won't.

Around the Network
Just_Rocco said:
landguy1 said:
Why launch on day after Thanksgiving for the XBone? Never gonna happen... Way too many sales that day anyway. They could launch on Tuesday the 26th, but again why blow out of your stock 1 day before the Holiday Shopping Weekend starts in the states? More likely the 19th or 22nd of November.

I disagree. Both consoles will sell out of their intitial shipments regardless of what day they launch. But releasing on the biggest shopping day of the year would just be too much free advertisement, word of mouth, and demand created to pass up.

MicroSoft should release sooner tho, like October. An "All In One Entertainment Device" honestly doesn't need a "holiday" to sell. Look at Smartphones, Tablets, etc. They release all throughout the year. A "video game" system like the PS4, something generally regarded as a "gift" or "toy" needs a holiday launch.

Not a chance to launch that weekend.  The word of mouth and excitement on that weekend is for extreme bargains.  The launch 1-3 weeks before that weekend actually gives them the media hype.  You are right that both systems will sell out anyway, but for the free publicity, they want there own event to get the attention.

riderz13371 said:
Advantage Microsoft? lmao it's available TWO WEEKS earlier (according to this RUMOR).

Dat advantage.

you are not a parent, cause nobody sane does its christmas shopping 10 days before christmas or even in december periode

no way these dates are correct lol

100% sure both consoles will release between COD Ghosts release date (early November) and Black Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Smells like placeholder dates.

It's just that simple.