By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda U RUMOR: Tech Demo graphics, Open World, TP direct sequel, E3 2014 reveal, more...

Tagged games:

archbrix said:

Initially, but later Miyamoto himself retracted that because he said that he realized that not everyone was too fond of them in Skyward Sword.

Link please (no pun intended)?

I loved the motion controls in TP, but sadly they overdid them in Skyward Sword.

Around the Network

I fee like this is a regurgitation of what people want or think will be in the next zelda game.

Everything in this list lines up perfectly with what Aonuma has been saying in his recent interviews.

Something...Something...Games...Something

morenoingrato said:
archbrix said:

Initially, but later Miyamoto himself retracted that because he said that he realized that not everyone was too fond of them in Skyward Sword.

Link please (no pun intended)?

I loved the motion controls in TP, but sadly they overdid them in Skyward Sword.

Lol @bolded. :D

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/08/e3-2012-miyamoto-talks-zelda-wii-u

I personally didn't care for the waggle of the sword in TP but the spin attack via the nunchuck controlled like a dream. And I agree on SS; they were done well for things like bosses but I don't want to be waving my arm around every time I want to cut grass, lol.

Thread Title need's to be edited to let ppl know what this thread is taking about.

Around the Network

SS hold's the record for most boring Zelda game to me.

That sounds pretty awful. Not to mention very unlikely.

A world the scope of Skyrim AND a traditional Zelda quest with ten retardedly convoluted dungeons? And four player coop in a 3D game? Nintendo is not known for giant budgets.

Oh and recording voicework for every character in the game... in a gibberish language? Stupidest idea ever.

ICO/Shadow of the Collossus, Final Fantasy X partly did it also. Im sure there's more.

BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:
That sounds pretty awful. Not to mention very unlikely.

A world the scope of Skyrim AND a traditional Zelda quest with ten retardedly convoluted dungeons? And four player coop in a 3D game? Nintendo is not known for giant budgets.

Oh and recording voicework for every character in the game... in a gibberish language? Stupidest idea ever.

Banjo Kazooie did it.

No, banjo Kazooie just had sound effects that played when characters talked.   That's a bit different than what the post suggested.  If I read what the post suggested correctly, they want to make a Tolkein-like elvish language and do all the voice recording in that.

Even IF they're doing the Banjo method though, it's still retarded.  It was annoying in Banjo, but tolerable cause it was a platformer with little dialogue and low emotional stakes.  In a game like Zelda, it wouldn't work.

Xxain said:
ICO/Shadow of the Collossus, Final Fantasy X partly did it also. Im sure there's more.

FFX used it pretty sparingly, and the game was not fully voiced.  Something like 95+ % of the game was done in English.  In Shadow, the only dialogue there is is the demon/god/whatever thingy at the beginning of missions talking to you.  You can do stuff like that if there is going to be like 100 lines of dialogue in the entire game.  If you're talking about a game the scope of Skyrim, that'd be pretty ridiculous.