By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda U RUMOR: Tech Demo graphics, Open World, TP direct sequel, E3 2014 reveal, more...

Tagged games:

Metrium said:
Since Nintendo always seemed to live in their little bubble, clueless of the fact that what they want is not always what ppl want nowadays, I doubt it's true. I doubt Ninty have the ambition for creating a world as big as Skyrim. Heck, I even doubt they will use the artstyle of the demo exactly because it's what ppl want and they wanna prove that they know better (remember the GC demo vs Windwake?)

But nothing in this rumor seem to me as impossible, it's just that everything together is to good to be true. If it is true tho, great! I was always against voice acting, but them speaking Hylian would be the perfect compromise, it would probably sound like Midna's gibberish and I loved that in TP.

Also, if it is a direct sequel to TP, I wish for a return of Twinrova since Koume and Kotake never died in the child timeline and since they seem immortal (atleast we know for a fact that they are houndreds of years old) they should still be alive. I would love to see how Twinrova would look like in a HD TP artstyle :)

I just really hope Zelda U uses the E3 2011 Tech Demo graphics!

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

I dont think thats what it meant by playing all 5 dungeons concurrently, I think it meant more like a Metroid style. So lets say all 5 dungeons have 3 major sections, the first major section of each dungeon can be completed in any order but certain weapons or events have to occur in order to get to the second major section of a peticular dungeon. Take Metroid Prime for example where u had to visit the same major areas 2-3 times before u had completely explored the area.

Still sounds really stupid, if I want to play Metroid, I will play Metroid. It works for that because Metroid doesn't really have "dungeons." Skyward Sword tried this out by making the overworld more dungeon-like, and by doing that they made it work; they made revisiting certain areas alright. But dungeons are often very far apart, and although you can open shortcuts in them, most aren't built for quick access to any room from the entrance, so unless they're literally like right across the street from each other and are all simply a hub room that branches out into each other room of the dungeon, no, absolutely not. If I want to play Metroid, I will play Metroid. If I want to play Dark Souls, I will play Dark Souls. If I want to play Skyrim, I will play Skyrim. Can people let the Zelda team do their thing instead of asking it to emulate other readily available gaming experiences? I play Zelda because I like Zelda. I like it so much that I play it all the time, and yet I resist the urge to approach every other game studio with the suggestion that they make all of their games more like Zelda.

Metrium said:
Since Nintendo always seemed to live in their little bubble, clueless of the fact that what they want is not always what ppl want nowadays, I doubt it's true. I doubt Ninty have the ambition for creating a world as big as Skyrim. Heck, I even doubt they will use the artstyle of the demo exactly because it's what ppl want and they wanna prove that they know better (remember the GC demo vs Windwake?)

But nothing in this rumor seem to me as impossible, it's just that everything together is to good to be true. If it is true tho, great! I was always against voice acting, but them speaking Hylian would be the perfect compromise, it would probably sound like Midna's gibberish and I loved that in TP.

Also, if it is a direct sequel to TP, I wish for a return of Twinrova since Koume and Kotake never died in the child timeline and since they seem immortal (atleast we know for a fact that they are houndreds of years old) they should still be alive. I would love to see how Twinrova would look like in a HD TP artstyle :)

You may be correct but Aonuma has mentioned Skyrim now on at least a couple of occasions so it's obviously made an impression on him.