By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda U RUMOR: Tech Demo graphics, Open World, TP direct sequel, E3 2014 reveal, more...

Tagged games:

dear nintendo: Make This Happen

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Zero999 said:
AgentZorn said:
Something I forgot to add was that the biggest indicator that this is fake is saying that it looks like the tech demo. I think Anouma said that the game will look closer to Skyward Sword.

aonuma said it would be different from the tech demo but he didn't say a thing about being closer to skyward sword (although some great cell shading + SS style would be AMAZING).

you mean like his look in the Smash Bros 4 trailer? because i agree, he looks flipping badass

no. cell shading are black lines around 3d objects, giving them a 2d feel. that effect is perfect for zelda. regular zelda art + cell shading = tears of joy.

Zero999 said:
S.Peelman said:
If true, I'd piss my pants. But it sounds too good to be true, so it's not.

The thing that's definitely bull is the multiplayer part; not going to happen. Would be pretty stupid and useless anyway, the way it's described here at least.

Also, I don't get the hate the OoT Water Temple continues to get... Is it really that hard? I know Miyamoto once said that like 70% of the players couldn't beat this dungeon which was why they made it easier in the 3DS version, but I found it to be one of most inspired dungeons in the whole series. Except the boss, Morpha's kinda lame.

I'd say most of the hate over water temple is because of the boots switching and water level changing. those things were anoying as hell and the temple was pretty hard even without that. shadow link was amazing, though. he needs to make a return.

I can give people the Boots argument, that could get tedious, though it never made me 'angry' in the slightest. In fact, before the issue was brought up with the 3DS release, where it has been rectified, I'd never even thought about it in the first place!

Changing the water level in the Water Temple is what the entire dungeon is about. It's the same as people arguing they don't like the time-limit in Majora's Mask, and the game would be better without it. Like the water level, that was Majora's Mask. Without those stuff, there wouldn't be a Water Temple or Majora's Mask respectively because they wouldn't work anymore. I just don't get it, but it seems most of the hate revolves around myth.

A lot of people think they have to change the water level like a million times, everytime you go somewhere else in the dungeon, while in fact, if you're efficient about it, you only need to do it just three times; once for every one of those tablets. And it's not even as if you need to go out of your way, you should progress by each one in the natural order. The dungeon is in fact just a linear dungeon, but you could easily end up doing it in a non-linear fashion. Then, yes, one could end up needing to backtrack to change the water level one extra time. Which is the reason why they made it easier to find each of those tablets in the 3DS version.

There's another myth too, where it is said that you could either come up with a key short, and break your game, or have a key too many if you take an 'incorrect' path. Both are untrue. You can allways get all the keys.

Someone already mentioned Kingdoms of Amalur, something in the line of that might be good balance if they opt for mix of stylized reality and "cartoony" styles.

Of course, wouldn't mind if they go with tech demo style, though there are lot of flaws there, it really looked quite good.

HoloDust said:
Someone already mentioned Kingdoms of Amalur, something in the line of that might be good balance if they opt for mix of stylized reality and "cartoony" styles.

Of course, wouldn't mind if they go with tech demo style, though there are lot of flaws there, it really looked quite good.

Just out of curiosity, what were the flaws?

Around the Network

If they do go with the E3 2011 Tech Demo graphics, I hope they have evolved them to be on par with X by Monolith Soft.

This Zelda is going to be great!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

bobgamez said:
osed125 said:

As big a Skyrim? This alone means it's fake. We all know the Wii U can't handle that.

i know its a joke but still

Haven't you seen Red Dead Redemption?

Nintendo and PC gamer

The title gave me hope, but the actual rumor sounds amateurish, i don't know, fake.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mr Khan said:
teigaga said:
All lies.

Guys zelda info doesn't leak, literally never. Its not just zelda either, Nintendo development as a whole is super secretive. This is all just sounds like something conjured up by a fan.

And Its already been confirmed that the artstyle won't mimic the tech demo (thank god!)

This is a good observation. Have we ever had pre-reveal Zelda leaks, ever?

Well there were ones I posted months ago. Some parts where real while others fake.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile