By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda U RUMOR: Tech Demo graphics, Open World, TP direct sequel, E3 2014 reveal, more...

Tagged games:

If any of this is true... AWESOME! I hope it lasts a lot and has as many extras as it can. I hate that we get about only one Zelda per console :/

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
If any of this is true... AWESOME! I hope it lasts a lot and has as many extras as it can. I hate that we get about only one Zelda per console :/

Actually there are usually two

NES-Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link

SNES-Link to the Past

N64-Ocarina of Time, Majora Mask

GC-Wind Waker, Twilight Princess

Wii-Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword

GB-Links Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Season

GBA-Minish Cap

DS-Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Anfebious said:

SNES-Link to the Past

GBA-Minish Cap

I meant Home Console but yeah we had 2 per console in the past. Although Twilight Princess doesn't count, the two versions where released almost at the same time and the Gamecube was on it's final years. 

The problem is I really like them but when I play them I do them to the max. 100%. And after that I leave them . I still replay some from time to time but it's never the same as the first time playing it :/

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

> The game is using the E3 2011 Tech Demo graphics. - Great, they finally realized what most people want.

> The game is a direct sequel to Twilight Princess. - Great, they finally realized what most people want.

> The game will be Open World. - Great, they finally realized what most people want.

> Motion controls have been dropped. - Great, they finally realized what most people want.

> There are 10 dungeons. You can play the first five in any order, and when all are complete, you can play the later five in any order. The game now features a term Aonuma calls "Parallel Dungeons". You will have to multi-task between all 5 dungeons to complete them. Solving puzzles in one dungeon will open doors and change the layout of another. Aonuma states that playing through all 5 dungeons simultaneously will feel like one giant Water Temple (from Ocarina of Time).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU DUMB FU#$&%*#&%(#&$)@(3$)@)$(%#

> Princess Zelda will have a deep involvement in the story. - Great, they finally realized what most people want.

> The game will be the directorial debut of Satoru Takizawa. - Great, they finally realized what most people want - Aonuma, go knit or something

> All the NPCs will be voiced. They will speak in a fictional language that will represent Hylian. - Don't see why not, SciFi shows do it, GoT does it, they can do it too

Anfebious said:
zorg1000 said:
Anfebious said:

SNES-Link to the Past

GBA-Minish Cap

I meant Home Console but yeah we had 2 per console in the past. Although Twilight Princess doesn't count, the two versions where released almost at the same time and the Gamecube was on it's final years. 

The problem is I really like them but when I play them I do them to the max. 100%. And after that I leave them . I still replay some from time to time but it's never the same as the first time playing it :/

Ya I wasnt sure how to clasify TP, I guess GC/Wii each had 1.5 Zelda games

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Well, considering Twilight Princess is my favorite 3D Zelda, and fav. 3D action/adventure game I've played, a few of my thoughts on these rumors, IF any of it is even remotely true:

1. First and foremost, if this game did indeed keep the exact art style from the E3 tech demo, and IS indeed a "direct sequel" to Twilight Princess, well then that is fantastic news. I thought TP had the best of just about everything a 3D Zelda has ever presented yet, by far, whether it be look, soundtrack (even though it wasn't orchestrated), boss fights, creative dungeons, a huge world, plenty of stuff to find exploring, great story, etc.

IF that is even remotely true, then it's exactly the new HD 3D Zelda that I would personally want.

2. As for it being "like Skyrim", and "open world", that sounds all good and fine, BUT, I would really hope it doesn't approach some of the rather aimless feel of an Elder Scrolls game. I've played plenty of Skyrim, and I've rather enjoyed it at times, BUT, I think an open world game would be a bit better with some more overall structure to it. Especially as far as Zelda goes, I don't mind the idea being able to go to any 5 first dungeons, as the rumors suggest, and so on, but I think there should be a final area and final castle/dungeon that you still CANNOT get to until the 10 main dungeons are finished, and other stuff completed. One thing that really let me down about Skyrim, is the lack of a sense of finality, you beat the main storyline, and it's "Oh that's nice", and you keep playing. Rather anticlimatic. I'm all for an free roaming Zelda with lots and lots to see, do, and collect. But give the game some definite structure, and a nice, satisfying climax still. That's the Zelda way.

3. I could honestly care less about a multiplayer mode for Zelda. It would be a neat extra, and I would be down to play it. But it's certainly not what I or most people play Zelda for.

4. The dungeon idea, not a huge fan of. Kind of hope that's not true, if nothing else, because backtracking to areas you've already been can be a major pain in the ass when it's mandatory. IF, for example, you could open up non-essential cool secret chests or something, that you CAN go get if you want them, then that would be totally fine. But if it was literally a hopscotch type deal where you HAD to go back and forth and back and forth and back and forth between all these different dungeons....that could get really fucking annoying. So here's hoping that part is BS.

5. As for voice acting.....I'd personally honestly rather just read text still. That's it. Fake languages can be a bit annoying, and again referring to Skyrim, it can get damn annoying hearing NPCs say the same fucking shit over and over and over. So.........I dunno. Mixed feelings on that one. I've always just kind of felt that certain Nintendo franchises like Metroid or Zelda don't need voices. And look what happened when they put voices in Other M.........just saying.

All in all, I do hope that this is at least a semi-true HINT of the kind of direction they are taking with the next Zelda. I absolutely loved TP, and I really would like a game that is a natural evolution of that, just as TP was a natural evolution of OoT. So I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Fake !
I prefer Celda over everything else, but seeing how we get WW HD and SS was cartoony too...I´m fine with a more realistic approach to please those fans as well (don´t make it as dull as TP, please !)
It will be open world, but I hope it won´t be as bloated and needlessly big as Skyrim/Fallout 3.
The rest sounds ok!
Still fake !

This reminds me of that NeoGaf fake rumour list that someone posted recently. It was about what Nintendo would show and do at E3. A lot of it was plausible and well written, but come E3, it turned out to be complete bullshit.

About gibberish languages in a new Zelda? I'm all for it since I believe Nintendo did an awsome job with it in Pikmin 3.

Ok, as with any rumor regarding a Nintendo game the first thing we need is

With that said, I like a lot some of the ideas, speciallt the interconnected temples. It reminds me of Metroid where you need to go back and forth exploring whenever you get new equipment.

But unfortunetely I share the idea that this is just a wishlist from some fan.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

if this is true it's gonna be huge guys, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE