Forums - Politics Discussion - Trayvon Martin not an innocent kid! George Zimmerman not a racist!

binary solo said:

If you're being followed, and you have a criminal past, esp involving drug dealing, AND you have committed no crime at the time is it not reasonable to believe that the person is following you home to see where you live so that they can come back some time and do something bad?

So turning around and attacking the guy could be a self preservation measure. So no, TM carrying on home is not the same as GZ staying in his car. TM was doing nothing directly threatening to GZ, but GZ was doing something that can justifiably be perceived as directly threatening to TM.

If TM had been white or hispanic GZ almost certainly wouldn't have started following him. So it is highly likely that the only reason GZ started following TM was because he was caught being black and walking on the street. Perhaps not racist but racial profiling at a minimum.

If someone is involved with crime and drugs, it does not give them the right to attack someone for following them.  They can pick option a or b and deal with the consequences cause thats what happends when you live a life of crime and drugs.



I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

Our mass media loves to bend the truth to rile people up for better ratings. The right does Muslims, immigrants and weapons of mass destruction and the left does Trayvon Martin and Wallstreet.



Torillian said:
Seemed like a reasonable video until the last part where the guy started to show his true colors a bit.

I'd have to agree that it wasn't a race thing, and it's unfortunate that it turned into that. It's just a stupidity thing. Zimmerman was stupid for following the guy based on next to nothing, Martin was stupid for attacking the guy following him, and Zimmerman was stupid for using lethal force the second he was in danger instead of literally anything else.

Obviously it wasn't murder, but I would argue that usually when two people get into a fight and one of them comes out dead there's almost always punishment dulled out of some kind. I would hope they at least took the guy's gun license away and told him to go buy himself some pepper spray or a tazer for the next time he wants to play policeman.

And infringe upon his divine right to bear arms? You nazi-communist



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

arcane_chaos said:
yes we know Trayvon Martin isn't a saint, but what people are saying is what exactly did he do that night to be followed? then a fight beaking out and then being shot then killed? all he did that night before the confrontation was buy skittles and an Arizona Ice Tea and was on his way home to see the NBA All-Star game.

as for Gorge Zimmerman; I wouldn't call him a full blown "go back to africa" rascist" but I think his judgement greatly had some racial tendencies(which we all have) we have GZ on tape calling him a "F***ing Punk" "A**hole" "They" always get away with it"


Apparently skittles, Arizona tea, and cough syrup are ingredients to a codine high substance called "Lean"? Also was proven that Martin had bragged about the concoction before and may have been doped up that night which lead to his confrontation.



nightsurge said:
arcane_chaos said:
yes we know Trayvon Martin isn't a saint, but what people are saying is what exactly did he do that night to be followed? then a fight beaking out and then being shot then killed? all he did that night before the confrontation was buy skittles and an Arizona Ice Tea and was on his way home to see the NBA All-Star game.

as for Gorge Zimmerman; I wouldn't call him a full blown "go back to africa" rascist" but I think his judgement greatly had some racial tendencies(which we all have) we have GZ on tape calling him a "F***ing Punk" "A**hole" "They" always get away with it"


Apparently skittles, Arizona tea, and cough syrup are ingredients to a codine high substance called "Lean"? Also was proven that Martin had bragged about the concoction before and may have been doped up that night which lead to his confrontation.

Wouldn't an autopsy have proven that? Or even, likely, a cursory examination of the body.

You're rather reaching, here.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Seemed like a reasonable video until the last part where the guy started to show his true colors a bit.

I'd have to agree that it wasn't a race thing, and it's unfortunate that it turned into that. It's just a stupidity thing. Zimmerman was stupid for following the guy based on next to nothing, Martin was stupid for attacking the guy following him, and Zimmerman was stupid for using lethal force the second he was in danger instead of literally anything else.

Obviously it wasn't murder, but I would argue that usually when two people get into a fight and one of them comes out dead there's almost always punishment dulled out of some kind. I would hope they at least took the guy's gun license away and told him to go buy himself some pepper spray or a tazer for the next time he wants to play policeman.


Trayvon was much stronger physically. He had no other choice.

 

OT: I personally feel that George is racist, but I'm not so sure if what he did was wrong. Maybe it was a mistake to follow Trayvon, but beyond that it was all Trayvon's fault.



It was bad decisions made by both them and unfortunately Mr. Martin attacked the wrong man. Could have George Zimmerman just walked away...absolutely. But there had been a rash of robberies in the community and he was looking out for the neighbood hood that his peers put him in place to protect. Zimmerman was not guilty of murder and the jury got it right. There is no law against bad judgement....but give the democrats a few more years and they'll find a way to take away that right too.

What really bothers me is how the media has portrayed this case from the beginning. Obama is half African American and by all means is considered black by the African American Community. Zimmerman is half Hispanic but he is considered white....how does that work? The media should be proud of themselves for making race relations the worst they have been since the Rodney King beating. Much like the flame bait articles posted on videogame sites, I hope the hits were worth it. 



Trayvon Martin not an innocent kid? Guess you can stalk, harass and kill any kid that makes a few mistakes in their life (majority of kids). Zimmerman has a shady and violent past also but no one wants to focus on that for some strange reason.



Talal said:
Torillian said:
Seemed like a reasonable video until the last part where the guy started to show his true colors a bit.

I'd have to agree that it wasn't a race thing, and it's unfortunate that it turned into that. It's just a stupidity thing. Zimmerman was stupid for following the guy based on next to nothing, Martin was stupid for attacking the guy following him, and Zimmerman was stupid for using lethal force the second he was in danger instead of literally anything else.

Obviously it wasn't murder, but I would argue that usually when two people get into a fight and one of them comes out dead there's almost always punishment dulled out of some kind. I would hope they at least took the guy's gun license away and told him to go buy himself some pepper spray or a tazer for the next time he wants to play policeman.


Trayvon was much stronger physically. He had no other choice.

 

OT: I personally feel that George is racist, but I'm not so sure if what he did was wrong. Maybe it was a mistake to follow Trayvon, but beyond that it was all Trayvon's fault.

But to me this means that he shouldn't be playing cops and robbers with a gun.  If he can't get out of a situation like that without someone winding up dead he either shouldn't have the gun or shouldn't be getting into the situation.  Give the guy a tazer and he can get himself out of being beaten to death just fine and if he gets shot with a gun from far off he was probably fucked anyway.  



...

Torillian said:
Talal said:
Torillian said:
Seemed like a reasonable video until the last part where the guy started to show his true colors a bit.

I'd have to agree that it wasn't a race thing, and it's unfortunate that it turned into that. It's just a stupidity thing. Zimmerman was stupid for following the guy based on next to nothing, Martin was stupid for attacking the guy following him, and Zimmerman was stupid for using lethal force the second he was in danger instead of literally anything else.

Obviously it wasn't murder, but I would argue that usually when two people get into a fight and one of them comes out dead there's almost always punishment dulled out of some kind. I would hope they at least took the guy's gun license away and told him to go buy himself some pepper spray or a tazer for the next time he wants to play policeman.


Trayvon was much stronger physically. He had no other choice.

 

OT: I personally feel that George is racist, but I'm not so sure if what he did was wrong. Maybe it was a mistake to follow Trayvon, but beyond that it was all Trayvon's fault.

But to me this means that he shouldn't be playing cops and robbers with a gun.  If he can't get out of a situation like that without someone winding up dead he either shouldn't have the gun or shouldn't be getting into the situation.  Give the guy a tazer and he can get himself out of being beaten to death just fine and if he gets shot with a gun from far off he was probably fucked anyway.  


Funny thing is one of the first thing they teach cops is not to profile people because anyone is capable of breaking the law. There is a reason why they rejected him from being a real cop and this whole situation is evidence why. Zimmerman was just plain stupid and Trayvon's defense lawyer was unprepared and low budget. Everyone knew it was not murder but to not even get charged with manslaughter? Im not American but i can see why some minorities in that country dont feel like they are treated equally.