By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Microsoft showed it only cares about the US market

Somini said:
Azerth said:
Whike they should have had more there was sony even there? Cuz atleast ms showed up

The thread is about Microsoft and their efforts, or lack there off, in the different markets. Please stay on topic and don't bring any other party into the discussion.

So what does it say about sony when they didnt even bring 1 one console  so that must mean  shortage confirmed for the ps4

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Somini said:
Azerth said:
Whike they should have had more there was sony even there? Cuz atleast ms showed up

The thread is about Microsoft and their efforts, or lack there off, in the different markets. Please stay on topic and don't bring any other party into the discussion.

sony is mentioned in your op, if you don't like if people compare it with sony, post other articles.

I meant the subject is discussing Microsoft's way of handling this, we all know what some users will do if this becomes another Sony vs. Microsoft topic.

phinch1 said:
sales2099 said:

allocating more funds to your #1 market.....what a crazy world we live in.

Some people only think in black and white....all or nothing. We all know MS cares more about NA. Doesn't mean they don't care elsewhere

why turn up to a show with only one console, and not let them see it....shortages comfirmed...

once again production of the retail XB1 has probably not started yet or just did start recently.

well even outside of other brand not showing up completely destroying the argument of the dude writing the article....

once again from a business stand point nobody cares about Australia, he admits it and explain it quiet well in his own article.

I'd put a show floor full of XB1 in middle east or eastern Europe before I'd go to Australia as a marketing guy.

Somini said:
Azerth said:

Well most of us are certainly thinking it, reading between the lines and such.

"If MS doesn't care, then Sony does" is what some would take from this. This is a competition after all.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Microsoft evil because they came half assed.
Sony and Nintendo aren't evil because they didn't even show up.

Somini said:

I meant the subject is discussing Microsoft's way of handling this, we all know what some users will do if this becomes another Sony vs. Microsoft topic.

but it makes sense to compare it with sony or nintendo since that shows if microsoft really only cares about usa or if pax in australia is just not the place to be as console developer. if no console developer was there but all where at comic-con it can mean only one thing, pax in australia was not the place to show your console.

kowenicki said:
Somini said:
Azerth said:

Try again.

Sony is mentioned in the op. Sony couldn't even be arsed showing up. ONE wins.

thanks for sharing this and showing how Microsoft care a bit, but Sony don't give a rats arse

Yes, i will have to try again as you advice. Still, i want to take a moment and thank you for the intelligent contribution, as always.

On topic, Microsoft has much to gain if they were not so US oriented, and i'm not talking about the style of their presentation either, the Xbox One E3 conference was primarily aimed at the US costumers. Heck, more than half of the features of the console don't even function outside of the US.

Omigosh, those images of a picture of the XO inside a glass display case ... Holy British Shorthairs ... that is bleeding hilarous.  I'm sorry, Aussies, but it is.

It's like, "here, peons, this is good enough for you lot!  Take a picture of a picture!"

Whew.  Awesome.  On topic, Microsoft's real goal is to win those who invest in a lot of electronics and consume a lot of media.  The United States is the largest collection of that demographic.  It's nothing personal.

Or, looking at that image again, maybe it is.  So very awesome ...

So, Sony didn´t show at PAX and the nobody cares.
Microsoft shows too little and all hell breaks lose.

Ok, fair enought.