By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Microsoft showed it only cares about the US market

Well that's their main market and probably the only one they still have a small chance of doing well next generation. They will lose the UK because of the very high price. And they aren't even launching in many markets around the world in the first year so Sony will dominate those as well.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Somini said:
kowenicki said:
Somini said:
Azerth said:
Whike they should have had more there was sony even there? Cuz atleast ms showed up

The thread is about Microsoft and their efforts, or lack there off, in the different markets. Please stay on topic and don't bring any other party into the discussion.

Try again.

Sony is mentioned in the op. Sony couldn't even be arsed showing up. ONE wins.

thanks for sharing this and showing how Microsoft care a bit, but Sony don't give a rats arse

Yes, i will have to try again as you advice. Still, i want to take a moment and thank you for the intelligent contribution, as always.

On topic, Microsoft has much to gain if they were not so US oriented, and i'm not talking about the style of their presentation either, the Xbox One E3 conference was primarily aimed at the US costumers. Heck, more than half of the features of the console don't even function outside of the US.

Wtf are you talking about?

X1 E3 conference was nothing but games. Games I can buy anywhere. 

We get it OK. You wanted to find an article to make X1 and MS look bad. You failed. Now you're starting straw man arguments. Go away

Yea this attempt looks to be backfiring especially with that comment lol.

The US is Microsoft's best market, so i don't think they need to make the same effort their in order to get customers as in the rest of the world. Bad business decision by them.

areason said:
The US is Microsoft's best market, so i don't think they need to make the same effort their in order to get customers as in the rest of the world. Bad business decision by them.

wait so you actually think being at PAX would have been better business than being at comic con????

because beside that they are present to every major event this year on every major gaming continent...

once again Australia and PAX are completely irrelevant right now they'd be better off doing a sollow XB event in Qatar than australia

Somini said:

Yes, i will have to try again as you advice. Still, i want to take a moment and thank you for the intelligent contribution, as always.

On topic, Microsoft has much to gain if they were not so US oriented, and i'm not talking about the style of their presentation either, the Xbox One E3 conference was primarily aimed at the US costumers. Heck, more than half of the features of the console don't even function outside of the US.

Huh? Did I miss something? All those awesome games MS had at their conference were US-exclusive? Wow.

Regarding the article, a stupid, sensationalist title used to grab attention and the content itself is rubbish. When he was going over his list of reasons why MS catered so much more to Comic-Con he should have realized "wait.. this makes perfect sense wtf am i doing" then erased everything he'd written.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Somini said:

Huh? Did I miss something? All those awesome games MS had at their conference were US-exclusive? Wow.

Regarding the article, a stupid, sensationalist title used to grab attention and the content itself is rubbish. When he was going over his list of reasons why MS catered so much more to Comic-Con he should have realized "wait.. this makes perfect sense wtf am i doing" then erased everything he'd written.

well he actually did. he says himself that he understand how MS is more likely to showcase in a country that has 14 times the population of australia LOL

Don't worry Aussies, you and the us Brits will switch to PS4 ;) screw that Xbone thing!

endimion said:
areason said:

wait so you actually think being at PAX would have been better business than being at comic con????

because beside that they are present to every major event this year on every major gaming continent...

once again Australia and PAX are completely irrelevant right now they'd be better off doing a sollow XB event in Qatar than australia

Not talking about pax or comic con, but speding 400 million on a deal with the nfl is a waste of money in a market where they already have very strong brand power compared to their compeition. 

areason said:
endimion said:
areason said:

Not talking about pax or comic con, but speding 400 million on a deal with the nfl is a waste of money in a market where they already have very strong brand power compared to their compeition. 

You been comparing the madden sales for the last few years? That gap is shrinking and MS probably wants to be like it was in 2008 for instance.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
areason said:
endimion said:
areason said:

You been comparing the madden sales for the last few years? That gap is shrinking and MS probably wants to be like it was in 2008 for instance.

Not madden sales, 360 sales in the US. The gap isn't shrinking, and as long as the next box is the king of shooters it will always have an edge their.