By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Microsoft showed it only cares about the US market

@kowenicki,

Make a seperate thread if you want to know what that move says about Sony's intentions in Australia, which again is not the subject of this thread.

PS: Cut back on the quoting, see the rules section if you have no clue what i'm talking about.

Around the Network

Wow...well seeing as how people are missing the point I'll spell it out.

Sony and Nintendo didn't show up, there was no expectation for the people going that there would be anything shown from them. While it might be off putting to fans that did want to see stuff from them,  at the end of the day they didn't come out of the event pissed because of the content they were "supposed" to have gotten.

M$ pretty much did the reverse of this and that is why OP made the wall of text (that really isn't but hell I didn't read the whole thing). Pretty much don't half ass something.

Edit'd because I'm a tard.

Seikseruza said:

Sony and Nintendo didn't show up, there was no expectation for the people going that there would be anything shown from them. While it might be off putting to fans that did want to see stuff from them there at the end of the day they didn't come out of the event pissed because of the content they were "supposed" to have gotten.

M$ pretty much did the reverse of this and that is why OP made the wall of text (that really isn't but hell I didn't read the whole thing). Pretty much don't half ass something.

Give this man a ribbon for getting the point and staying on topic! It seemed impossible before, but now we see it can be done.

You're exactly right, you can't dissapoint expectations when they weren't there in the first place. Now if you're gonna try and do something, then be fully commited and don't just show up to have bragging rights!

Ok so the dude who made this topic tried to convey that MS(who showed up for a presentation BTW)doesn't care then mentions the competition who wasn't even there?
Did OP read before he posted or just the headline? Kinda comes off as bias to me.

kowenicki said:
Somini said:
Azerth said:
Whike they should have had more there was sony even there? Cuz atleast ms showed up

The thread is about Microsoft and their efforts, or lack there off, in the different markets. Please stay on topic and don't bring any other party into the discussion.

Try again.

Sony is mentioned in the op. Sony couldn't even be arsed showing up. ONE wins.

thanks for sharing this and showing how Microsoft care a bit, but Sony don't give a rats arse

What like how microsoft bothered showing up for gamescom, the biggest gamer event in the world and the tokyo game show last year? Thanks for showing how Sony care a bit, but microsoft don't give rats arse.

Around the Network

@Somini:

When you copied that article, you should have swapped the phrases "Sony"<->"Microsoft"/"Xbox One"<->"PS4".

It would have been funny to see some of the hardcore Xbox show the exact opposite behaviour, going at lengths to explain why not showing up is completely different from this ridiculous presentation by Sony. ;)

Somini said:
kowenicki said:
Somini said:
Azerth said:
Whike they should have had more there was sony even there? Cuz atleast ms showed up

The thread is about Microsoft and their efforts, or lack there off, in the different markets. Please stay on topic and don't bring any other party into the discussion.

Try again.

thanks for sharing this and showing how Microsoft care a bit, but Sony don't give a rats arse

Yes, i will have to try again as you advice. Still, i want to take a moment and thank you for the intelligent contribution, as always.

On topic, Microsoft has much to gain if they were not so US oriented, and i'm not talking about the style of their presentation either, the Xbox One E3 conference was primarily aimed at the US costumers. Heck, more than half of the features of the console don't even function outside of the US YET.

fixed :D

but anyway what half ??? beside the TV guide loading and a couple networks specific app I don't see it ??? I mean why would we have an HBO go app in France if HBO is not even present???
we'll have the local networks apps just like the US does and the UK... now yeah maybe in Ukraine it won't have much love but I doubt any other console will do any better on those market.... once again any way you look at it MS will have better offers on more markets than the competition when it comes to entertainement and not just for USA
heck even USA only things a quiet easily accessible from outside USA anyway....

Somini said:
Seikseruza said:

Sony and Nintendo didn't show up, there was no expectation for the people going that there would be anything shown from them. While it might be off putting to fans that did want to see stuff from them there at the end of the day they didn't come out of the event pissed because of the content they were "supposed" to have gotten.

Give this man a ribbon for getting the point and staying on topic! It seemed impossible before, but now we see it can be done.

You're exactly right, you can't dissapoint expectations when they weren't there in the first place. Now if you're gonna try and do something, then be fully commited and don't just show up to have bragging rights!

how about you talk to the people actually answering your thread instead of trying to fight with the one that have a point but you don't want to hear any of it ????

once again like I said nobody cares about australia and you are right on one thing they shouldn't even have bothered showing anything instead of half assing it.... now you can refer to my other posts if you are actually willing to discuss YOUR thread or just trying really hard to butt head with other forum posters....

Somini said:
kowenicki said:
Somini said:
Azerth said:

Try again.

Yes, i will have to try again as you advice. Still, i want to take a moment and thank you for the intelligent contribution, as always.

On topic, Microsoft has much to gain if they were not so US oriented, and i'm not talking about the style of their presentation either, the Xbox One E3 conference was primarily aimed at the US costumers. Heck, more than half of the features of the console don't even function outside of the US.

Wtf are you talking about?

X1 E3 conference was nothing but games. Games I can buy anywhere. 

We get it OK. You wanted to find an article to make X1 and MS look bad. You failed. Now you're starting straw man arguments. Go away

thehusbo said:
kowenicki said:

Try again.

What like how microsoft bothered showing up for gamescom, the biggest gamer event in the world and the tokyo game show last year? Thanks for showing how Sony care a bit, but microsoft don't give rats arse.

Try to stick the the current year when making a rebuttal to current events.

Both companies don't make it to events, thats not the point. The point is to not indirectly imply one cares while the other doesn't.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.