By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Microsoft showed it only cares about the US market

thehusbo said:
sales2099 said:
thehusbo said:
kowenicki said:

Try again.

Sony is mentioned in the op. Sony couldn't even be arsed showing up. ONE wins.

thanks for sharing this and showing how Microsoft care a bit, but Sony don't give a rats arse

What like how microsoft bothered showing up for gamescom, the biggest gamer event in the world and the tokyo game show last year? Thanks for showing how Sony care a bit, but microsoft don't give rats arse.

Try to stick the the current year when making a rebuttal to current events.

Both companies don't make it to events, thats not the point. The point is to not indirectly imply one cares while the other doesn't.

/end of thread

I kind of disgree here.  The author of the original post suggest Microsoft doesn't care because they didn't have the same level of access at PAX Australia that Microsoft had at the San Deigo Comic Con.  Therefore, it is fair and relevant to argue the point that one doesn't care while the other does. 

The author and by submission the OP is implying that Microsoft doesn't care about the Australian market because it was present, but didn't have the same presence as it did at another conference.  That is a patently absurd statement to make when you don't lob the same accusation against Sony at the same time.  Had the article either been about how Microsoft missed a chance to win over Australian gamers, or had the article been about how neither Sony or Microsoft took the PAX Australia conference seriously, the article would have been justified.  It didn't.

You can't accuse Microsoft of not caring about Australia when it's actually there at PAX Australia when Sony doesn't attend.  Something is EXTREMELY wrong with that accusation and argument.  How anyone can defend it, is beyond me.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

What a coincidence, I don't care about MS either.

then you also must not care about sony since they werent even there

They have to focus in US, they have more to lose. If the PS4 is even close in the US to the xbox, the generation will be over very quickly. MS has to win and win big to compete. Because they are going to get crushed everywhere else and maybe even the UK.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Somini said:
Azerth said:
Whike they should have had more there was sony even there? Cuz atleast ms showed up

The thread is about Microsoft and their efforts, or lack there off, in the different markets. Please stay on topic and don't bring any other party into the discussion.

Troll thread confirmed. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Sony will have a large presence at EB Expo in October so im rather interested in seeing what they bring along and ive scored a 3 day gamer pass so I will be checking out everything.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network
Azerth said:
Zero999 said:

What a coincidence, I don't care about MS either.

then you also must not care about sony since they werent even there

You're right, I couldn't care less about either sony or MS.

It makes sense.

They know the U.S market is the only place on Earth they stand any chance of outselling the competition.

I was speaking to a local retailer of a major chain in Australia last night and he said pre-orders for the PS4 and the XB1 were going at about 10-1 before they stopped accepting PS4 orders.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

sales2099 said:

allocating more funds to your #1 market.....what a crazy world we live in.

Some people only think in black and white....all or nothing. We all know MS cares more about NA. Doesn't mean they don't care elsewhere

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

wick said:
It makes sense.

They know the U.S market is the only place on Earth they stand any chance of outselling the competition.

I was speaking to a local retailer of a major chain in Australia last night and he said pre-orders for the PS4 and the XB1 were going at about 10-1 before they stopped accepting PS4 orders.

UK? Not even a chance according to you. That Crystal ball must be very shiny

TheSting said:
wick said:
It makes sense.

UK? Not even a chance according to you. That Crystal ball must be very shiny

Not a chance. Quote me.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron