By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [CONFIRMED] Gran Turismo Movie (GamesCom Details)

Tagged games:

I've no idea how the hell this would work, but I'd watch a GT movie, probably

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
V-r0cK said:
foodfather said:
Ratchet and Clank, this, next up will be parappa the rapper.

They're actually making a CG Ratchet & Clank movie for theatres along with Heavenly Swords.

OT: It's Hollywood's style to take well known franchises and put in their own crap for the sake of it.  So can't see why Sony couldn't do the same, except because it's their own franchise, I'm sure they'll put more effort into it.  I probably wont be interested in watching this though, but im curious to see what kind of plot they plan to incorporate.  

For some reason, I think this movie will be similar feel to the movie Driven, starring Sylvester Stallone.

Maybe it'll be based on the GT Academy if that's what you're saying.

Yes based on GT Academy =)

They should make a movie about Polyphony Digital's endless development cycles. 'That' I'd love to see.

We will see a shitload of skylines in that movie then.

It will be about some generic dude making licenses and buying cars.

In order for this to sell at the box office, its gonna need

- Bros,
- Sexy women
- a So-so plot
- action/fast chases that defy some driving physics

These are all things that the video game does not represent in the slightest. It will change/damage the brand and to that I say, it would be about time the IP sells based on its gameplay and not the name alone/nostalgia.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

- Bros,
- Sexy women
- a So-so plot

These are all things that the video game does not represent in the slightest. It will change/damage the brand and to that I say, it would be about time the IP sells based on its gameplay and not the name alone/nostalgia.

If the game sells based in its gameplay then I expect huge success in coming years... it is AMAZING.

ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:

- Bros,
- Sexy women
- a So-so plot

If the game sells based in its gameplay then I expect huge success in coming years... it is AMAZING.

Lets not get into this.....we know the meta scores of the 3 GT releases this gen. GT6 should hopefully break the cycle.

But you do agree that any movie would attract a audience that conflicts with the current fanbase?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Lets not get into this.....we know the meta scores of the 3 GT releases this gen. GT6 should hopefully break the cycle.

But you do agree that any movie would attract a audience that conflicts with the current fanbase?

Meta means nothing about gamaply... GT5 have the best gampley ever in a racing simulator game... GT6 makes it even better... play Nürburgring with weather effects in GT5 is something that no gamer can descript in words... just play.

No... no movie will conflicts anything... I think a GT movie based in GT Academy will be really good... can be even based in real facts... GT changing lifes.

Ohhhhh hyped again... make this happen Sony... I believe you.

ethomaz said:

sales2099 said:

Meta means nothing about gamaply... GT5 have the best gampley ever in a racing simulator game... GT6 makes it even better... play Nürburgring with weather effects in GT5 is something that no gamer can descript in words... just play.

No... no movie will conflicts anything... I think a GT movie based in GT Academy will be really good... can be even based in real facts... GT changing lifes.

Ohhhhh hyped again... make this happen Sony... I believe you.

If its going to be a movie, itll be like Fast and Furious. Your idea based on GT Academy won't bring in the big audiences, def. won't be a summer blockbuster.

Be prepared for bros, car chases, and sex appeal....from women. Not so much the cars. :P

Doesn't matter now anyway, itll be a few years before we see anything, if at all. Wasn't there an Uncharted movie int he works....wonder how thats coming along?

sales2099 said:

If its going to be a movie, itll be like Fast and Furious. Your idea based on GT Academy won't bring in the big audiences, def. won't be a summer blockbuster.

Be prepared for bros, car chases, and sex appeal....from women. Not so much the cars. :P

Doesn't matter now anyway, itll be a few years before we see anything, if at all. Wasn't there an Uncharted movie int he works....wonder how thats coming along?

The same guys that made "The Social Network" movie... I can't see anything like "The Fast and The Furious" from them.