By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [CONFIRMED] Gran Turismo Movie (GamesCom Details)

Tagged games:

Compete with Need for Speed? The Fast and the Furious? What I have to hear. But there's no way in this day and age they aimed for a movie like Le Mans, which is how it should be.

Around the Network

If it's like the Herbie movies going  championship tour then I'm up for it as long as its more serious and has some comical script.

Ratchet and Clank, this, next up will be parappa the rapper.

foodfather said:

Shadow of the Colossus

I think its a bad idea, movies made off games always suck hard and ruin the games brand.

Around the Network

a Wipeout movie could have been great.

foodfather said:

They're actually making a CG Ratchet & Clank movie for theatres along with Heavenly Swords.

OT: It's Hollywood's style to take well known franchises and put in their own crap for the sake of it.  So can't see why Sony couldn't do the same, except because it's their own franchise, I'm sure they'll put more effort into it.  I probably wont be interested in watching this though, but im curious to see what kind of plot they plan to incorporate.  

For some reason, I think this movie will be similar feel to the movie Driven, starring Sylvester Stallone.

Soo... a driving sim movie?
please do not make it like the fast and the furious.

I wasn't expecting this lol

V-r0cK said:
foodfather said:

They're actually making a CG Ratchet & Clank movie for theatres along with Heavenly Swords.

OT: It's Hollywood's style to take well known franchises and put in their own crap for the sake of it.  So can't see why Sony couldn't do the same, except because it's their own franchise, I'm sure they'll put more effort into it.  I probably wont be interested in watching this though, but im curious to see what kind of plot they plan to incorporate.  

For some reason, I think this movie will be similar feel to the movie Driven, starring Sylvester Stallone.

Maybe it'll be based on the GT Academy if that's what you're saying.

Sounds ridiculous. Why? Brand appeal? Unless this movie is spectacular it will cause harm (assuming it is of the conventional variety). I will wait till I see more details, but I don't think this is a good idea.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS