By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [CONFIRMED] Gran Turismo Movie (GamesCom Details)

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

PullusPardus said:

yep, and it should just be cancelled =/

I think it can give a great movie.

From the writer of the legend of chun li... Yea good luck with that.

OT this is even stupider than the Need for Speed movie, at least that series has a legacy of cheezy action racer cinimas. The best Gran Turismo "movie" would be a documentary about Touring car racing events.

This is likely just another sad excuse for Hollywood to avoid greenlighting movies without a brand attached, regardless of what the brand is.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

This sounds extremely stupid

"Let's make a movie for a game... Which one makes absolutely no sense at all?"
"Gran Turismo?"
"Okay, we use this one!"

"Fast and the Furious" became decent movies when they decided to give the racing a rest and start making action movies with it. If you like good and well executed action movies, this is a great film for you. I doubt any racing fan watches these films for the realistic demonstration of racing.

"Gone in 60 seconds" is a decent movie as well, but the racing part was ... well ... more arcade than sim. I think that is a good way to put it.

In a word: Stupid idea. Why don't they make a movie for a game that actually has something like a story?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
"Gran Turismo?"
"Okay, we use this one!"

"Fast and the Furious" became decent movies when they decided to give the racing a rest and start making action movies with it. If you like good and well executed action movies, this is a great film for you. I doubt any racing fan watches these films for the realistic demonstration of racing.

"Gone in 60 seconds" is a decent movie as well, but the racing part was ... well ... more arcade than sim. I think that is a good way to put it.

In a word: Stupid idea. Why don't they make a movie for a game that actually has something like a story?

You mean like the Uncharted, Shadow of the Collosus, Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, God of War, InFamous, Company of Heroes and Metal Gear Solid movies that Sony Pictures are also producing/distributing (many of which will likely never see the light of day tho as they have been in development hell for a while)? Videogame adaptions is Sony pictures' new thing

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
DirtyP2002 said:
"Gran Turismo?"
"Okay, we use this one!"

You mean like the Uncharted, Shadow of the Collosus, Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, God of War, InFamous, Company of Heroes and Metal Gear Solid movies that Sony Pictures are also producing/distributing (many of which will likely never see the light of day tho as they have been in development hell for a while)? Videogame adaptions is Sony pictures' new thing

I know about those, but as you said, they probably won't release even 50% of those. And GT is still the most stupid one out of those.
They should make sure the current projects, which could actually work, are well done instead of announcing the next project IMO.

There are a lot of projects, but I can't think of many movies made by Sony that are based on a videogame.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
bananaking21 said:
well thats stupid

Why? I like The Fast and the Furious (at least the first movies).

No it wont be like Fast and Furious.  That is street racing where it is about crime, running from cops, and social conventions of street races and rep.  Gran Turismo is about professional racing. But who knows, maybe they can make a good movie as long as they have a really good story and characters written out.

I don't like this idea at all.  R&C movie was a good move though :)

If they have Kaz Hirai race Kevin Butler in the film, then Sony may have a blockbuster on their hands :3

Let's just hope they don't screw up the story

If that isn't like a documentary about GT Academy and drivers from it, this is an infinitely stupid idea.

That said I stay calm since I've heard about Uncharted movie, Heavenly Sword movie, SotC movie for a long time and none of them got past scriptwriting and most probably will never see the light of day.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Sony has so many other franchises better suited to be a movie than GT. Granted it is their highest selling franchise but what would the story be? What would make it GT? Why not God of War? I'd love to watch that. It should have already happened really. When Clash of the Titans came out and did good, God of War should have been green lit.