By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [CONFIRMED] Gran Turismo Movie (GamesCom Details)

Tagged games:

irstupid said:

Fast and Furious and other car related movies are great (gone in 60 seconds, ect)

BUT what is stupid is making a Gran Turismo movie.  I see absolutely no reason why whatever movie they produce would need the name "Gran Turismo" and would not work just as good if not better with another name.

What does the game Gran Turismo have in it that would add to a movie at all?  It's just about racing a car on tracks and upgrading your car.  There is nothing UNIQUE about Gran Turismo that warrants a movie.

You know "Gran Turismo" is a performance or luxury automobile capable of high speed or spirited long-distance driving... it is like a racer version of sports cars.

There are a lot of room to make a film based in Grand Tourer cars.

Gran Turismo makes more sense for Europe people than US.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
No...just...no...N4S movie makes more sense than this. Simply because this makes none whatsoever

an octodad movie makes more sense than this

This is surely fake. Right?... Right??

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

bananaking21 said:

it will. movies reach the mass market, it reaches the people who just play CoD and Fifa and nothing else. Sony will surely market the movie extensivly and it will reach those people, they will form an idea about the name "gran turismo" based on that movie, it will hurt the brand one way or another. there is simply nothing in the game that they can base the movie on, they are going to make a story from nothing, a setting from nothing as well. when those people who watch the movie then try out gran turismo they will see nothing in commen, therefore they will hate the game.

when it comes to a movie like uncharted or assassins creed, they will have similar characters, story, events, and setting. when they grab the game they will be like "ahhh this was in the movie!" with gran turismo, that can never happen.

No. No movie hurted videogames series ever... this won't hurt Gran Turismo game.

And there are a lot of things to make a film in Gran Turismo.

They can even make a movie based in GT Academy... that will be really cool... they can do even based in real facts

WOWWWWWWWW!!! I'm hyped now with the possibilities... make this happen Sony.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

irstupid said:

Fast and Furious and other car related movies are great (gone in 60 seconds, ect)

BUT what is stupid is making a Gran Turismo movie.  I see absolutely no reason why whatever movie they produce would need the name "Gran Turismo" and would not work just as good if not better with another name.

What does the game Gran Turismo have in it that would add to a movie at all?  It's just about racing a car on tracks and upgrading your car.  There is nothing UNIQUE about Gran Turismo that warrants a movie.

You know "Gran Turismo" is a performance or luxury automobile capable of high speed or spirited long-distance driving... it is like a racer version of sports cars.

There are a lot of room to make a film based in Grand Tourer cars.

Gran Turismo makes more sense for Europe people than US.

Yes I know that the name doesn't ONLY refer to the game, but its hard not to associate the two when it's obviously going to be a movie about cars and is by Sony pictures.

Thus as far as i'm concerned its a video game to movie adaptation and thus pretty much and automatic pass from me.

Sorry guys but this can be BIG if they make something like this Lucas Ordonez video.

BTW I love this video... every time I watched it I loved it.

Edit - I will put it in the OP.

Bad idea there are already too many racing movies in the pipeline and I doubt any of them will be as successful as Fast and Furious 7. Plus Universal Studios will also have a critically acclaimed racing movie this fall with "Rush".

Troll_Whisperer said:
This is surely fake. Right?... Right??

I can't see a Hollywood news site making fake news about a videogame franchise... they will to better with some big hollywood franchise or person.

Chris Hu said:
Bad idea there are already too many racing movies in the pipeline and I doubt any of them will be as successful as Fast and Furious 7. Plus Universal Studios will also have a critically acclaimed racing movie this fall with "Rush".

Universal have "The Fast and the Furious"
DreamWorks is making "Need for Speed"
Legendary is making "Hot Wheels"

So Sony Picture needs some car movie...