By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [CONFIRMED] Gran Turismo Movie (GamesCom Details)

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you like mediocre/bad movies.

Sorry did you watched it? lol

Some movies don't even need a trailer so that we can already expect a mediocre film. If someone announced a Super Mario Bros movie, who the hell would think "well, I should watch that first!". Hell, even games that would make good movies, in theory, people would still be cautiously optmistic at best, like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and God of War.

You can't possibly be expecting a good movie out of this.

Around the Network

Its a movie based on a video game so far there hasn't been a great or even a good one.  The majority of them are very bad to very mediocre.  Expecting a movie based on a video game to be good is kinda like expecting that the next Adam Sandler movie to be a Oscar contender there is pretty much no change its going to happen.

Just because of this announcement I will not be buying GT6...even though I really loved GT5

Who should direct this thing!

- Paul W.S. Anderson
- Bring Doktor Boll out of retirement

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I hope the GT movie turns out to be closer to Initial D, than Fast and Furious.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Sony confirmed again... the Movie will be Inspired by GT Academy like I guesses before.

“I’m pleased to announce that [Kazunori Yamauchi] and Sony Pictures are currently developing a full-length feature film, inspired by the GT franchise. In addition to capturing the adrenaline of the racing world, the film’s human dimension will be inspired by GT Academy.”

The Gran Turismo film will be brought to you by two of Hollywood’s most respected producers, Micheal De Luca and David Brunetti.”

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-movie-officially-announced-inspired-by-gt-academy/

Sounds...boring. Why make a movie about a game with zero story elements when there are other Sony IP's like Infamous and Uncharted that would be much better and more exciting to watch?

smroadkill15 said:
Sounds...boring. Why make a movie about a game with zero story elements when there are other Sony IP's like Infamous and Uncharted that would be much better and more exciting to watch?

There is an Uncharted movie being made.

smroadkill15 said:

Zero story elements? It is inpired by GT Academy... there full great stories here.

A little taiser from the 2009 championship.

This thread in a nutshell...

"I hate this movie because all previous video game movies have been bad..."

*Facepalm*