By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dynasty Warriors director: "Xbox One needs simultaneous Japan launch to be successful"

kowenicki said:
He is wrong. Wont make any difference.

But afaik the ps4 isn't launching there either. That is a major snub seeing as they usually launch first there.

Even India and Brasil receiving the PS4 and Japan not? I think Sony is going for WW release the first time in the PS history.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Mad55 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
X1 can launch in Japan when planets are aligned, it won't change anything. The Japanese hate them for what they did with Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean 4.

Lol the hell? Who told you that?

Common sense. Someone forces you to shed dozens of thousands of yens in a console you don't want in order to play one or two games and later those games releases with more content on the system you wanted from the start. How do you feel?

For one thing you dont develop a hate for them because of that. If you like jrpgs you shoulld follow the games not the console. 

Mad55 said:

For one thing you dont develop a hate for them because of that. If you like jrpgs you shoulld follow the games not the console. 

Yes, provided they're not timed exclusives fabricated to deceive me. And actually, PS3 ended up being the right console for JRPGs since it has far more exclusives than any other in this category.

We have allready seen what a year head start does in Japan....

No, Japans love for handheld and PC gaming, while having a declining interest in consoles is MS best hope.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

spurgeonryan said:
I do not think that Japan is going to hold much sway over there. This is wrong. I am sure. Especially after sales of the 360 in japan. The only think that I can say, is that Microsoft never gave up. Japan always got a steady release of games even though it did not sell well. that is one of the only things they got going for them in japan.

They didn't give up did they? I think they need to push some," win a xbox one events," all over japan. This area needs some love spread around.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
ethomaz said:
In Japan? It can have a year early launch... that won't change anything.

My thoughts exactly.

Also the OP makes no sense. The 360 didn't do well in Japan at all and it's still a huge success so.......

You joined in may and you have that much more posts then me? Holy sh-t bro!!! seems your a  xbox  fan, good we need more of you around here.

endimion said:
hey who knows ?
MS might be trying some reversed psychology shit!!!
Like: "you know what??? Fuck you Japan!!! you are not that relevant anymore, so we'll release maybe someday if we have left over inventory elsewhere, cause you ain't buying anyway and you cost us more than you generate profit!!! order on US MS store if you want one!!!! Peace!!!"
hey could work, sometimes scarcity of an internationally demanded product can hike sales on the grey market... MOUHAHAHAhahaha

That doesn't work when people don't want your product in the first place.

sales2099 said:
We have allready seen what a year head start does in Japan....

No, Japans love for handheld and PC gaming, while having a declining interest in consoles is MS best hope.

News to me.

For as much as people want to ignore what 360 did in Japan, I'm curious how many regions did better? I would assume Japan is in the top 10 lifetime sales for all regions (how many did more than 1.6 million).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

DJEVOLVE said:
Angelus said:
ethomaz said:
In Japan? It can have a year early launch... that won't change anything.

My thoughts exactly.

Also the OP makes no sense. The 360 didn't do well in Japan at all and it's still a huge success so.......

You joined in may and you have that much more posts then me? Holy sh-t bro!!! seems your a  xbox  fan, good we need more of you around here.

It was mostly that first month I think. I figured if I just posted a ton of the bat, by the time I take it easy nobody will realise I'm a noob here anymore. 

Thanks for spoiling the illusion!