By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dynasty Warriors director: "Xbox One needs simultaneous Japan launch to be successful"

Nem said:
outlawauron said:
Nem said:

LOL stop it man... it wont make a difference. It will fail regardless. The japanese are just butt-hurt cause they are losing their priveliged spot to europe.

Europe has been bigger for 2 generations.....

(and it's really dumb to compare Europe to one country. The third largest market is UK. Europe is too large and too dissimilar of a market to be pushed into one mass.)

Europe is seen like one market, sorry to say. When a game releases here it does so across several countries at the same time. It is very rare for a game to be released in only one country. Its the basis of mass production and cutting costs. As much as you want to call it dumb, its far from it. 

It would be comparable to releasing a game in the US in only one state.

But, by europe we do mean eastern europe, the core of the EU. Things west of germany are different.

I think you mixed up east and west here

Around the Network
endimion said:
hey who knows ?
MS might be trying some reversed psychology shit!!!
Like: "you know what??? Fuck you Japan!!! you are not that relevant anymore, so we'll release maybe someday if we have left over inventory elsewhere, cause you ain't buying anyway and you cost us more than you generate profit!!! order on US MS store if you want one!!!! Peace!!!"
hey could work, sometimes scarcity of an internationally demanded product can hike sales on the grey market... MOUHAHAHAhahaha

Ah, the classic Eric Cartman approach - You cann't come here!

The 360 has done much better than the Xbox in Japan.  They really pushed Kinect there at launch. All the excuses I've heard don't make any since.  Except I hope it's not the really offensive ones.

Its done so well all over the world, but Japan.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

well then again if they improve a little with each gen, it might be worth it on the long run.... especially with the TV part everybody seems to hate around here.

I'm sure they can captivate a segment of customer in japan but more so in the rest of the world just for that and that wouldn't have bought a box if it was just a gaming rig. Now it depends what they are planning to do this gen while taking the multimedia all in one box stand for the future.
who knows if they have the next naruto/bleach exclusive to XB1, that could work in Japan, if they have the next GOT exclusive for rest of the world that could also work.... we'll see
played right the non gaming part could generate a lot of sales down the road for MS

endimion said:
Nem said:

Europe is seen like one market, sorry to say. When a game releases here it does so across several countries at the same time. It is very rare for a game to be released in only one country. Its the basis of mass production and cutting costs. As much as you want to call it dumb, its far from it. 

But, by europe we do mean eastern europe, the core of the EU. Things west of germany are different.

I think you mixed up east and west here

LOL i so did. Thanks for the repair. It was late at night. ^^'

Nem said:
Wright said:

What do you mean?

You really want me to spell it out...

Japan used to have all console releases first and now they are beeing relegated to a later time, like europe used to be. Europe is now getting them sooner than japan instead and the japanese, in particular this producer are trying to lure microsoft in so they pressure sony to do the same, when its obvious to everyone it wont make a difference.

Didn't know that.

Around the Network
Nem said:
outlawauron said:
Nem said:

LOL stop it man... it wont make a difference. It will fail regardless. The japanese are just butt-hurt cause they are losing their priveliged spot to europe.

Europe has been bigger for 2 generations.....

(and it's really dumb to compare Europe to one country. The third largest market is UK. Europe is too large and too dissimilar of a market to be pushed into one mass.)

But, by europe we do mean western europe, the core of the EU. Things east of germany are different.

All of those countries are still Europe! You can't remove them and still consider those countries as Europe. To repeat myself, each country has gotten larger and their purchasing habits too different from each other to warrant be pushed together as one.  What you're saying isn't like releasing in just one state, but calling US + Canada + Mexico and the rest of Central America as one market. You could stretch it but it's largely misleading and a waste of time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

All of those countries are still Europe! You can't remove them and still consider those countries as Europe. To repeat myself, each country has gotten larger and their purchasing habits too different from each other to warrant be pushed together as one.  What you're saying isn't like releasing in just one state, but calling US + Canada + Mexico and the rest of Central America as one market. You could stretch it but it's largely misleading and a waste of time.

But it is. Its the initial members of the EU and the engine of europe. I dont know what to tell you. You dont live in europe do you?

We have the same coin and our boarders are open. We are like one big country in economic terms. Eastern europe is more complicated cause they arent as developed and are geographically and in terms of acessability farther away. The distribution channels in western europe are very much comparable to the ones in the US and Japan.

To return to the initial point. Its mostly a population thing. US, europe and Japan are comparable in terms of population and they function like units. Its the european union for a reason you know. ;)

Nem said:
outlawauron said:

But it is. Its the initial members of the EU and the engine of europe. I dont know what to tell you. You dont live in europe do you?

We have the same coin and our boarders are open. We are like one big country in economic terms. Eastern europe is more complicated cause they arent as developed and are geographically and in terms of acessability farther away. The distribution channels in western europe are very much comparable to the ones in the US and Japan.

To return to the initial point. Its mostly a population thing. US, europe and Japan are comparable in terms of population and they function like units. Its the european union for a reason you know. ;)

But Germany isn't much smaller than Japan and combined the EU is over 500 million (which 5x the population of Japan).

oh, and no. I don't live in Europe. Just talking about how I think we should evaluate video game markets (this sounds so much lamer when you say it outloud).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Nem said:
outlawauron said:

But Germany isn't much smaller than Japan and combined the EU is over 500 million (which 5x the population of Japan).

oh, and no. I don't live in Europe. Just talking about how I think we should evaluate video game markets (this sounds so much lamer when you say it outloud).

In simpler terms, to compete with the US, Japan, China and emerging economies, Europe unified themselves in economic terms to gain relevance. Thats why things are so well coordinated. Theres an european commission that is nominated by an european parliament elected by all countries that dictates the economic and commerce rules in europe. This means theres a unfied policy for all the members in the european union, though of course western and central europe is more developed than eastern europe and the distribution channels are better developed.

Nem said:

In simpler terms, to compete with the US, Japan, China and emerging economies, Europe unsuccessfully unified themselves in economic terms to gain relevance. Thats why things were so well coordinated until now. Theres an european commission that is nominated by an european parliament elected by Germany and France that dictates the economic rules in europe.

Fixed, Nem.