By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One reason why DIgital is better than Physical.

Do you buy Digital or physical

Digital 19 17.59%

Physical 83 76.85%

I don't have an opinion ... 6 5.56%

Total:108
Deyon said:
Paying $60 for something I can't hold, that can just get lost anytime?

Yeah, I don't like that. Plus, physical copies are future proof....

Uhm......what?

How do you lose digital content? Content you can redownload and access anywhere? 

And physical copies are future proof?

Wtf are you talking about???

I hope you're being sarcastic, otherwise nothing you just said made any sense whatsoever.

Around the Network

physical copies is the way to go for me. i will buy digital but only when its like $5. most of the time the physical copies are cheaper anyways bc it takes so long for the digital copy to come down to a reasonable price. plus i buy mostly used games.

Not worth the rip-off price that is charged on these online shops like PS store or XBLA. Physical all the way, i guess that makes me old fashioned but so what. I even prefer vinyls to MP3's despite the convience. I guess it's something to look at, that's all.  

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Angelus said:
Deyon said:
Paying $60 for something I can't hold, that can just get lost anytime?

Yeah, I don't like that. Plus, physical copies are future proof....

Uhm......what?

How do you lose digital content? Content you can redownload and access anywhere? 

And physical copies are future proof?

Wtf are you talking about???

I hope you're being sarcastic, otherwise nothing you just said made any sense whatsoever.

Yes physical copies are future proof. I don't have to worry about them closing down the servers at the end of the generation and such.

And I lost a shitton of downloadable games when I forgot my PSN password and my e-mail account (Yeah, I know I'm stupid). Also, it takes me 2-4 days to download a game.

So yes, I'll pick physical copies over digital any day.

DamnTastic said:
nevar, evar lend out your games bro :p
you will just find out they lost the manual or you forget to ask them back.
All happened to me >.< manual lost = no used value, forget to ask them back = no frekkin game to play

on the other hand, I don't mind some nice boxarts laying in front of me

When you lend it, always take a picture of the guy with the game in his hands. That way you never forget who has what of your stuff. When you get it back delete the picture.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I like having my physical copies, it gives me a certain sense of satisfaction to see a wall of game boxes and more importantly, if I spend £40 I want to get something physical

Obviously, the best situation is the Steam/old XboxOne version where the physical version is basically just a code to get the digital version, that way you get the benefits of digital and you get to collect the physical boxes!

Well as I see it at some point in the future your downloads will fade into thin air (lets say 20 years for the sake of the conversation) how do you know that that wont happen? I mean in 20 years there may be a whole new system in place thats not able to port your okd PS3 games to your PS7. As i see it with physical copies you never have to worry about losing them due to time moving forward.

Also downloads will never be worth anything in the future so again in 15 to 20 years your download copies will be worth nothing while you may strike a gold mine with a physical copy that could be wortg hundreds maybe thousandsof $$$. Dont even get me started on the pride and joy that comes from displaying your collection :D

Will buy digital if it's a good deal. Otherwise no.

Digital can be more convenient, but physical games can be sold/traded.
Both have pros and cons.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I would appreciate having a service like Amazon Rip Off, you buy the physical copy but also owning a digital available for download immediately after buying it. Then I just wait for the physical copy.