Microsoft 21 3.94%

Squareenix 10 1.88%

Namco Bandai 28 5.25%

Capcom 3 0.56%

Marvelous AQL 30 5.63%

Other 22 4.13%

Total:532
Kasz216 said:

I actually suspect if sold it wouldn't be bought by a games developer, but instead by another investment group.

The Persona series is.... neat and all, but it's not really worth the trouble of buying for a big publisher.

You only buy whole companies if they're selling a mega-franchise game, going bankrupt firesale or are an indie 1-studio dev who has a hit that they believe they can take to the next level.  Basically someone they can buy out for super cheap.

It depends on price too I suppose. If Nintendo can grab the company for a low price, maybe it is worth it.

Around the Network
AgentZorn said:
AstroGamer said:
Blood_Tears said:
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/18958/20130719/atlus-bankruptcy-nintendo-persona-5-acquisition.htm

Damn you lying headlines. I thought some actual drama was occuring

I hope not. If Nintendo does buy Atlus then I can imagine a lot of people in this community going ape shit.

that's the main why i want nintendo to buy atlus it would be a bigger meltdown then bayonetta 2 i love seeing meltdowns like that 

I wonder if Persona 5 is still in development (if it ever was)..

AshKetchum1992 said:
I wonder if Persona 5 is still in development (if it ever was)..

It was in development since like 2011 I think. I doubt they've stopped.

Sony is closing down and selling off studios and buildings. They also need as much capital as possible to launch PS4 so if they buy Atlus I would be very surprised. As long as EA, Capcom or Microsoft does not buy them out I am happy.

Around the Network

I think i would like nintendo to buy it but at the sametime, maybe it should just be 3th party. as long as persona 5 is on the consoles that i have. ill be great!

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Anfebious said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Xen said:

A guy that used to go to VGC.

There is a article saying Nintendo bought them, but I guess it is not official yet. Sony will not buy them because they are probably not looking for aquisitions after closing amazing studios like Zipper and Psygnosys.

No one should buy Atlus , not even Nintendo not Sony, nor Microsoft. I hope they remain "free".

It isn't an example of them remaining "free", it is an example of someone buying them to keep the doors on the building open and not have the company sold off piece by piece. No one buying might mean Persona might be sold off to lets say Konami, some legal loop hole has Square Enix picking up the main Shin Megami Tensei games and Trauma Center sold off to Namco Bandai.

Some NEEDs to buy Atlus at least to keep its properties under the same umbrella.

BasilZero said:
Damn, so many people want to sacrifice a great franchise just to see a meltdown. Some gamers we have here l0l.

Also lol @ all the Nintendo/Sony votes.

Agreed.

isn't Atlus publishing that PS4 exclusive? so what will happen to that?

the_dengle said:
KingKazuma34 said:

Im sure Atlus could easily port it to the Wii U. Persona is not an exclusive franchise, and there was one already listed for the 3ds around the time it was announced. You never know...

Oh boy. Persona 5, Wii U exclusive. Nobody would be upset about that.

Seriously, half the reason Atlus made Catherine was to get used to developing for PS3 and 360. Persona 5 is likely very far along at this point. To suddenly switch not only from two consoles to one but to an entirely new console the team has never touched before would be a horrible move for them financially.

I never said people wouldnt be upset, because I would too as I have no reason to purchase a Wii U until maybe sometime next year when games start to come out for it. Im just saying you never know what could happen man. Sure Persona 5 is probably pretty far into development, but the specs between the 360/ps3 are not much different than in the Wii U. Its kind of like how people were saying Shin Megami Tensei would be on the ps3, but ended up being a 3ds exclusive. You just never know. Personally I hope P5 is on Ps3/Vita at the very least.