Namco Bandai 28 5.25%

Capcom 3 0.56%

Marvelous AQL 30 5.63%

Other 22 4.13%

Total:532
BasilZero said:
brendude13 said:
PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Demon's Souls PS3 2009 Role-Playing Namco Bandai Games 0.87 0.23 0.35 0.26 1.71
2 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 PS2 2008 Role-Playing Atlus 0.34 0.08 0.36 0.04 0.82
3 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES PS2 2007 Role-Playing Tecmo Koei 0.22 0.20 0.16 0.05 0.63
4 Odin Sphere PS2 2007 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.23 0.18 0.09 0.06 0.56
5 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable PSP 2009 Role-Playing Ghostlight 0.15 0.02 0.34 0.04 0.56
6 Catherine PS3 2011 Adventure Deep Silver 0.23 0.08 0.20 0.05 0.55
7 Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis GBA 2001 Role-Playing Nintendo 0.13 0.05 0.31 0.01 0.50
8 3D Dot Game Heroes PS3 2009 Role-Playing SouthPeak Games 0.31 0.06 0.03 0.08 0.48
9 Persona 4: The Golden PSV 2012 Role-Playing Atlus 0.14 0.03 0.27 0.02 0.46
10 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 PS2 2006 Role-Playing Tecmo Koei 0.22 0.17 0.00 0.06 0.45

Atlus's 10 best selling games.

I wonder how many copies Persona 5 will sell if it was released on the PS3/Xbox360 (two systems with a decent install base) and I mean in total sales not on each console.

I'm pretty sure the series has gotten a lot bigger over the last few years.

There.

Around the Network

Nintendo, Namco Bandai and maybe Microsoft would be the best for Atlus to get sold to.

Microsoft: Hopefully, will allow them to be themselves but just make their games MS exclusives without hampering development. It will also somewhat help Microsoft in Japan by having big name Atlus RPGs locked only on their own machines. That is the best case scenario, unfortunately the worst case is Atlus becomes a shell of itself, the games are watered down for international audiences and is silently killed in a manner similar to the desertion of all of Rare's talent from the late SNES and N64 glory days.

Namco Bandai: They are basically EA of the East so they have the cash to do it and keep everyone. The only problem would be they are likely not to do that if they do take over Atlus and one wonders how this will work given they already have a major RPG franchise and thanks to the tons of licenses really don't need anything Atlus brings.

Nintendo: Pretty similar to the problems Microsoft would have except they really don't need or likely want the Atlus properties if Miyamoto's tenure directing most of Nintendo's software output is a clear indication of his preferences. Like the other two they have the money but more so then the others, outside of Iwata having a sweet spot for the company and having them operate almost on their own, I suspect the worst case is going to be Nintendo harvesting them for the talent (much of which already have experience developing HD which Nintendo apparently needs help with) and dropping the occasional release of SMT or one of the other major Atlus franchises every few years.

Sadly, outside of SMT, I suspect many of the other spinoffs and separate franchises and games like Etrian Odyssey are screwed without some outside investor that doesn't want to change much swooping in.

Marvelous AQL would be great for Atlus!

If Sony's smart they'll pick them up and Have their own RPG series that can take on FF

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Sony or Gunho, or Marvelous are my choices.

Around the Network

Sony GO, GO NOW!!!

They already have the Persona series exclusive to the PS brand, but with Sony's marketing and support that series could become Sony's flagship RPG and give them a good leg up in Japan. Come on Sony, buy Atlus. We know you got the cash.

badgenome said:
Why the fuck would anyone want to see Square-Enix wind up with Atlus? You people are like the lab monkeys who don't learn from getting shocked.

Because we all want to play Persona 3: Protagonist Returns and Atlus refuses to tell us what the heck happened to the main character after FES. If you know SE, you will know that they are very good at stretching out the story, perhaps a bit TOO good.

Soriku said:

Should I post this again.

I will post this again.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71501196&postcount=121

"This is not correct. Next week, they will be having another round of bids for their sponsor. They're not going up for sale.

There's speculation that they'll have everything decided by early September. But this is not a significant update. Nothing to panic about."

Highlighting...... AGAIN.

Anyone but Nintendo is bad for Nintendo

I just hope they'll continue giving the Vita love where ever they go. It would suck if they ended up in the hands of a company like .... Capcom. :/

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS