Microsoft 21 3.94%

Squareenix 10 1.88%

Namco Bandai 28 5.25%

Capcom 3 0.56%

Marvelous AQL 30 5.63%

Other 22 4.13%

Total:532
Vinniegambini said:

You are giving Atlus too much credit and worth - 100 million is too much. The winning bidder should be between 40-70 million.

Wow...only between 40-70 million ? That is a steal (I remember that Rare was sold for close to 400 million back in the day)

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:
Screamapillar said:

Nintendo and Atlus have been close for years, particularly on DS and 3DS. If Nintendo bought Atlus and it became a first-party studio like Monolith Soft, it would be huge. All future Atlus releases as Nintendo exclusives? Nintendo would be impossible for Sony to dethrone in Japan if that were to happen.

The only reason Nintendo might not do it (which would be really short-sighted), is that purchasing Atlus for what is probably at least $100 million, would make it all the more difficult for them to reach their $1 billion profit at the end of this fiscal year next spring.  Short-sighted because, the long-term advantage to buying such a big studio and having all of those IP's exclusively on your platform is surely worth the investment, even if it were to mean $900 million profit next year instead of $1 billion (Assuming Nintendo is able to meet the $1 billion goal, and assuming Atlus is worth $100 million.  All hypothetical). 

Which is why I agree with Miyamoto more than Iwata about the profit goal.  Iwata is keen to meet the target and prove to shareholders that Nintendo is able to be successful in the new smartphone/ tablet world, and Miyamoto is saying "Saying we're going to meet some arbitrary number is pointless.  Just play our games."  I understand both points of view.  Bottom line:  Buying Atlus, if it's possible, is worth it.  From the perspective of Nintendo trying to dominate Japan even more than they already have.

You are giving Atlus too much credit and worth - 100 million is too much. The winning bidder should be between 40-70 million.

"(Assuming Nintendo is able to meet the $1 billion goal, and assuming Atlus is worth $100 million.  All hypothetical). "

I said it was a hypothetical estimate. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Who bought them?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Who bought them?

If anybody in this thread aside from soriku and myself reads it, you'll see.

Xen said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Who bought them?

Indeed, it was Dtewi who bought them.

Former something....

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
Xen said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Who bought them?

Could be worse. At least we'll have lots of Persona

Xen said:
Blacksaber said:
Xen said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Who bought them?

what is Dtewi?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Xen said:
Blacksaber said:

what is Dtewi?

A guy that used to go to VGC.

Xen said:

There is a article saying Nintendo bought them, but I guess it is not official yet. Sony will not buy them because they are probably not looking for aquisitions after closing amazing studios like Zipper and Psygnosys.

WagnerPaiva said:
Xen said:

There is a article saying Nintendo bought them, but I guess it is not official yet. Sony will not buy them because they are probably not looking for aquisitions after closing amazing studios like Zipper and Psygnosys.

No one should buy Atlus , not even Nintendo not Sony, nor Microsoft. I hope they remain "free".

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"