By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

JayWood2010 said:
TiagoCosta said:

Stuff like cod, tlou, uncharted, tomb raider.. Sell a lot and are shallow.

Cool tricks sell after all.

THough none of those games are shallow.  You just dont like them.  Big difference

There are many I dislike but don't find shallow.

like street fighter, Borderlands, Bioshock, batman.. 

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

Well it seems that the KI community has spoken and they believe KI is better than MKX in both netcode and gameplay overall.  Presentation and story goes to MKX therefor it has a bigger budget, but they dont like the combos and netcode in MKX.  

Keep in mind these are fans of fighting games, not just KI.  

In all fairness, KI had pretty shit net code at launch too. I remember for about the first week or two it was almost impossible to play a match with a friend. 

But ya I don't see how MK could ever be a really competitive game. The very rigid combo system aside, there are far too many cheap moves that you can spam nonstop across the entire screen. It's just a fun game to play with friends for the spectacle of it all

Angelus said:
JayWood2010 said

In all fairness, KI had pretty shit net code at launch too. I remember for about the first week or two it was almost impossible to play a match with a friend. 

But ya I don't see how MK could ever be a really competitive game. The very rigid combo system aside, there are far too many cheap moves that you can spam nonstop across the entire screen. It's just a fun game to play with friends for the spectacle of it all

I dont ever remember KI having netcode problems.  Season 2 did at first, but Season 1 it was pretty praised for it, but at the time i was probably playing multiple games at time being launch, so idr how much time i put into it when it first came out.

But yeah i agree about MK.  Ill get it eventually to at least play the story.  Prob wait for a price drop though

I disagree with most assessment of MK made here. MK is highly competitive and watching people like Perfect Legend play Kung Lao in MK9 is a joy to behold. MK combos are different of those of KI & SF but that's it, it doesn't mean they're inferior. Just different style.
Watch Evo and see how passionate and big is the MK community; also it's not just a game for the masses, whatever that means.

Goatseye said:
I disagree with most assessment of MK made here. MK is highly competitive and watching people like Perfect Legend play Kung Lao in MK9 is a joy to behold. MK combos are different of those of KI & SF but that's it, it doesn't mean they're inferior. Just different style.
Watch Evo and see how passionate and big is the MK community; also it's not just a game for the masses, whatever that means.

Ive never watched it in tournies, but i def will this year :)

Around the Network

Evo 2011 got me interested in the MK franchise again. The last one in the series I liked was MK3.

Congrats Ka-pi!

So many ps news lately, games being announced left and right.

This is what ms needs to do.. Not wait for a 1 time a year event.

@jlmurph2 and versus_evil , we should play neverwinter together sometime

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Oh wow,...Someone checked the software sales? Project cars bombed!! Before its official release! Damned big mistake ioi...