By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A huge Nintendo fan wrote a letter to Nintendo.

MDMAlliance said:
mtu9356 said:
 That is unless sales pick way up which seems unlikely even with 1st party games on the way. The ps4/X1 will likely overshadow the Wii U for the entirety of the generation. I hope Nintendo has a few tricks up its sleeve or its console business is in trouble. 

I doubt that.

If nintendo doesn't get the casuals then that will happen for sure. 

Around the Network
Suke said:

Well so far, that advice been workng for Sony so far. Making the PS4 the hottest console this holiday season, by listening to their fans.

All those fan letters demanding paywalled online gaming....

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
Suke said:

Well so far, that advice been workng for Sony so far. Making the PS4 the hottest console this holiday season, by listening to their fans.

All those fan letters demanding paywalled online gaming....

I never mention that or had that in mind, just small things, that's all. I think people are taking my comment WWWAAAAAY out of proportion.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Companies listen to their fans but they don't have to act on their suggestions, wasn't Nintendo trying to do what their fans wanted during the GC era, no wonder they do things how they want.

Gnac said:
prayformojo said:
Gnac said:
prayformojo said:

The theme at the time amoungst gamers was basically, "the N64 version was better".

Probably the last version they played.

Also, how the fuck do you imite "yourself"? Don't you mean "parody"? Regardless, it's fascinating to  see the depths people will plumb to find new perjoratives for the process of maintaining successful franchises. It's almost a parody of what they themselves accuse Nintendo of doing.

What I meant was that they were no longer attempting to revolutionize their franchises and core games in general. Take the Zelda franchise for instance. Compare the leaps in gameplay and ideas between Zelda 1 and OOT. Every title was so ridiuclously redefined and reimagined, that they could have been different games. Then we get WW and it's....boats and cell shading? It didn't add ANYTHING meaninful to Zelda nor improve upon gameplay in a positive way. It looked different, and you could sail, but sailing was monotonus and thus, shelved from all future Zelda titles lol.

The same could be said for just about all Gamecube titles. Compare the innovation from the NES-N64 and then the N64 to Gamecube, and it's quite clear what happened.

LTTP to OoT pretty much used the same structure, which was resumed after poor reception to Majora's Mask.

Phantom Hourglass used sailing, and that was released after Wind Waker. Wind Waker HD will also feature sailing, being as it is a huge element of the game.

I won't address your other concerns about gameplay, because they are dildos.

You do use the word "innovation" a lot. That should alert everyone else to what you are doing here.

Hourglass is a hand held game and WW is..you know..the SAME game lol. And if anyone is concerned about what "I'm doing here", they can go through my post history.

There's a reason Nintendo dropped off with Gamecube and innovation is the reason. The PS2 and Xbox both pushed the industry forward in hardware and software. The Gamecube did not.

Around the Network
Suke said:

Actually considering most Sony fans were talking about how great of a value their system was.. I doubt it was all listening to their fans.. it was more or less a hard lesson they learned.. and besides.. it's a lot easier when all you have to do to listen to your fans is make the most powerful system at a decent price point and show off some games.. if they did truly listen to their fans.. it's a lot harder for Nintendo.. when the fans are split on every choice they make.. with hardware and games and well just about everything.. 

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

areason said:
Nintendo will always have a problem with third party support, that is because the crowd that buys their 1st party games, the crowd that buys a wii-u isn't as interested in fifa/cod/mass effect as the crowd that buys a ps3/360. That is because many people find the main nintendo characters/games childish. The core audience isn't interested in games with mario characters, yet nintendo pumps such games like no other. Then their is the overall concept of the wii-u which doesn't interest the core gamer. And what doesn't help is that nintendo fans themselves aren't interested in 3rd party games

Everything you just said is purely your own unsubstantiated opinion on things, sorry to say.

You cannot generalize and say that Nintendo console owners are not "core gamers" (whatever the hell that has come to mean these days).

You also cannot claim that "Nintendo fans don't care about third party games", when that is, I'm happy to report, complete BS.

You ALSO cannot state that so-called "core gamers" who buy Playstation or Xbox, DON'T like Nintendo franchises. Many of them do, but don't feel like buying a Nintendo console to play them. Which is too bad, because they're missing out on both counts. And quite frankly, the vast majority of people who claim that the Wii U and the GamePad "don't appeal to them", have not even held the GamePad nor actually played anything on the system.

If this mysterious and mystical "core audience" that you speak of didn't care about Mario games, then Mario games wouldn't be THE biggest selling, most popular video game franchise of all time. You don't honestly think that "Nintendo fanboys" are the only people who buy Mario games, do you? And while Mario is a prominant part of their catalogue, Nintendo hardly puts out JUST Mario games. Far from it. But alas, people are going to think what they're going to think. Facts just get in the way.

DevilRising said:
areason said:
Nintendo will always have a problem with third party support, that is because the crowd that buys their 1st party games, the crowd that buys a wii-u isn't as interested in fifa/cod/mass effect as the crowd that buys a ps3/360. That is because many people find the main nintendo characters/games childish. The core audience isn't interested in games with mario characters, yet nintendo pumps such games like no other. Then their is the overall concept of the wii-u which doesn't interest the core gamer. And what doesn't help is that nintendo fans themselves aren't interested in 3rd party games

Everything you just said is purely your own unsubstantiated opinion on things, sorry to say.

You cannot generalize and say that Nintendo console owners are not "core gamers" (whatever the hell that has come to mean these days).

You also cannot claim that "Nintendo fans don't care about third party games", when that is, I'm happy to report, complete BS.

You ALSO cannot state that so-called "core gamers" who buy Playstation or Xbox, DON'T like Nintendo franchises. Many of them do, but don't feel like buying a Nintendo console to play them. Which is too bad, because they're missing out on both counts. And quite frankly, the vast majority of people who claim that the Wii U and the GamePad "don't appeal to them", have not even held the GamePad nor actually played anything on the system.

If this mysterious and mystical "core audience" that you speak of didn't care about Mario games, then Mario games wouldn't be THE biggest selling, most popular video game franchise of all time. You don't honestly think that "Nintendo fanboys" are the only people who buy Mario games, do you? And while Mario is a prominant part of their catalogue, Nintendo hardly puts out JUST Mario games. Far from it. But alas, people are going to think what they're going to think. Facts just get in the way.

The failure of 3rd party games on the wii, the sales of zelda skyward sword, and the disapointment of EA and Ubisoft regarding their games sales on the wii u all speak for themselves.

Nintendo consoles have not been the main device in the living room of traditional gamers since the SNES. It would be very hard to convince them to make Nintendo's console their main one, even if they'd do everything right (which they aren't right now, of course).

Their market as main console is families with <14 yr old kids or hardcore Nintedo fans, or as secondary console for dedicated gamers that only want to play Nintendo games on it and have a PS4/1 for everything else.

The Wii was a one hit wonder, let's face it. I think Nintendo will keep surviving as console manufacturer but it's very unlikely that they will win a Gen ever again.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

For the people that say the writer isn't a hardcore Nintendo fan, how many letters did YOU write to Nintendo?