By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A huge Nintendo fan wrote a letter to Nintendo.

ghettoglamour said:
marley said:
ghettoglamour said:

Nintendo consoles have not been the main device in the living room of traditional gamers since the SNES. It would be very hard to convince them to make Nintendo's console their main one, even if they'd do everything right (which they aren't right now, of course).

Nice generalization.  I've been playing 'traditional' video games longer than you've been alive, but by your definition I'm not a 'traditional gamer'.  How do I get special admission into your 'traditional gamer's' club?  Do I need to mail something in?

Their market as main console is families with <14 yr old kids or hardcore Nintedo fans, or as secondary console for dedicated gamers that only want to play Nintendo games on it and have a PS4/1 for everything else.

Are 'hardcore Nintendo fans' different than 'dedicated gamers'? 

The Wii was a one hit wonder, let's face it. I think Nintendo will keep surviving as console manufacturer but it's very unlikely that they will win a Gen ever again.

People have been saying this since the N64. 

1. Yes, it was a generalization. It's up to you to call yourself a traditional gamer

2. Of course a lot of Nintendo fans are dedicated gamers. In that sentence, with dedicated gamers, I was referring to the not so heavily Nintendo favoring gamers.

3. When things play out "normaly" Nintendo won't win a generation.

4. Don't try to cherry pick some quotes just to make people look stupid dude. I don't see anything offensive or straight wrong with my post.

1.  Thank you.

2.  It seemed that you were implying that people who buy Nintendo games are either children or fanboys (a real gamer would only buy a Nintendo console as second system).  It comes across as a bit elitist.   

3.  What is normally?

4.  I'm not cherry picking anything.  You made a very silly prediction.