By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki - Week 28 ( July 8 - July 14 )

I never thought Wii U was above PS3 in the same time period...

Pikmin 3 did as i expected. HW, on the other hand, not. Guess my 50K prediction was a little bit high! :D

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Otakumegane said:
People are really not seeing that Pikmin and Luigi both has 2 days of sales.

doesnt pretty much every game have just 2 days of sales in its first week?

EDIT:You know what? Nvm still bad numbers. Should've coupled with price drop.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

pokoko said:

What is New Super Luigi U and why did it bomb? Without knowing anything about it, those are startling numbers for a Mario game.

The game is a DLC with the option to buy it at retail. It's expected for the majority of people who already own NSMBU to buy the DLC (which is $10 cheaper than the retail version, at least in NA).

OT: Decent numbers for both the Wii U and Pikmin 3, every boost counts at this point. Hope Pikmin 3 has enough legs to continue the Wii U momentum until new games arrive.

Nintendo and PC gamer

milkyjoe said:

This is why I miss the times where we all had access to the graph tools on VGC. Thanks for this graph.

Signature goes here!

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
benao87 said:
It's turkish people, his predictions carry heavy bias, and should not be addressed as serious. Just let him be.

Yes, like predicting WiiU would sell more than PS3 this year:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=154311

Thats not bias.

we are talking about how you reacted to this news and how you reacted to almost identical Vita news.

Its biased.

"Its over Nintendo" versus "Vita is a potential goldmine"

If Pikmin resulted in WiiU selling 50k, my reaction would be different.

But you're not in a position to call anyone biased. For months you had the same monotone reply in these threads: ''oh my gawd its over for Vita, Sony should discontinue it'' next week: ''its truly over for the Vita, how much longer?'' next next week: ''vita sales abysmal'' next next next week: ''Vita horrible omg!'' the week after: ''vita so bad, sony should ditch it!'' the week after the week after: ''vita bomba WOW!'', the same recycled post every.single.week. We didnt see you doing the same for the WiiU which posts even lower sales vs YTD Vita 2012.

Someone even collected all your monotonous posts in a thread, cant find it atm.

Around the Network

My oh my, people are very bitter in this thread.

My predictions for Pikmin 3 are not too far off. Even with all the advertisement it was not going to pull in big numbers. Not to say that the sales are bad but there could be some room for improvement. Would have liked HW sales to hit the 30k mark but I think that's asking a bit too much.

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Its over Nintendo.

btw I was first :P but yours is better

when vita had a boost in performance after a game release you said it was proof that Vita was a potential godmine.

this was in September of 2012 where you made some startling predictions of how Vita would truly shine in 2013... how did that play out?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147281

so I'm not sure I trust your judgement.

sarcasm

l2spotit 

Turkish said:

If that's what it takes you to be imressed, then your expectations are through the damn roof. Vita managed to pass the 50k mark with the combination of games and a price cut.  Expecting that Pikmin 3 to single handedly push HW sales to 50k is foolish. 

AgentZorn said:
Turkish said:

If that's what it takes you to be imressed, then your expectations are through the damn roof. Vita managed to pass the 50k mark with the combination of games and a price cut.  Expecting that Pikmin 3 to single handedly push HW sales to 50k is foolish. 

Vita got a pricecut with Hatsune miku?

Turkish said:

Vita got a pricecut with Hatsune miku?

Sorry I forgot to specify "for this year so far" not overall. Either way my points still stands with Pikmin 3. Yes a single game can pull a console out of the abyss but Pikmin 3 is not that type of game that will do that.