By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki - Week 28 ( July 8 - July 14 )

Has the WiiU had a price drop in Japan yet? I believe during the Vita's big week of over 60k it was a combo of Soul Sacrifice and a price reduction. Plus, there's the HHs vs console comparison in Japan as well.

Point being that these numbers seem fine to me; nothing extraordinay but good nonetheless. If Nintendo can keep some momentum with W101, WWHD, DKC and Mario this holiday then WiiU is far from "over".

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Pikmin 3 and Wii U didn't do as well as hoped, but well enough to get people to post.

The Wii U also beat the Vita for the week which is a nice achievement for a platform that will get shunned by third parties while the Vita can already count on third party support despite its continually poor performance. But that's what the pro-PlayStation bias of third party developers does.

Lol, Vita only has third party 'support' when you compare it to the Wii U's lineup. And it has had a handful of third party success stories, which is more than you can say for Wii U in Japan at this point in time. 

100K for 2 days of sales in Japan is pretty damn good for a console with only one million owners in the region.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

What the hell?! 22k for Wii U? What a shame... Besides Pikmin 3, in 13 july was also released 2 Wii Remote bundles with Casual Land. Just... im not a hater, not really, but those Wii U numbers is kinda sad. Dragon Quest X managed to push 11k hardware selling only 33k.

Oh gawd

i thought i was very conservative as i thought pikmin won't sell more than 250k,
but 100k is some kind of nightmare for an AAA game
and considering that luigi and pikmin combined sold less than 130k on starting weekend
and both together are only able to sell 22.000 wii u(even tuikoden pushed vita sales to 30.000+)
it'll be a long hard way for wii u out of the dark.

i don't card about luigi but
i hope pikmin will sell better in the west or there'll never be a pikmin4.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
People are really not seeing that Pikmin and Luigi both has 2 days of sales.

doesnt pretty much every game have just 2 days of sales in its first week?

archbrix said:
Has the WiiU had a price drop in Japan yet? I believe during the Vita's big week of over 60k it was a combo of Soul Sacrifice and a price reduction. Plus, there's the HHs vs console comparison in Japan as well.

Point being that these numbers seem fine to me; nothing extraordinay but good nonetheless. If Nintendo can keep some momentum with W101, WWHD, DKC and Mario this holiday then WiiU is far from "over".

If by 'keep momentum' you mean sales dropping back to their usual Vita 2012 levels for the next few months until either DK or Mario hits, then sure. 

VGChartz

Wait so launch aligned WiiU is above Vita? Wow that is pathetic.

don't find he numbres impressive, it was never going to bomb.