By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Forza Motorsport 5 doesn't require a day one update to play after all

Chris Hu said:
wick said:
Chris Hu said:

I highly doubt you will buy a X1 at launch if you do you can proof me wrong in a couple of month.  Also like I said before anyone that can afford $500+ dollar console at launch lives in a area that has decent internet.

I won't be buying an XB1 because of all this bullshit.

I'm tipping I earn more than you too. I simply cannot get better internet where I live no matter how much I pay.

Is it that hard to understand????

That what I thought so it will not affect you so stop complaining about it.

Can you even read? Are you that simple?

FORZA IS MY FAVORITE RACING SERIES! I CANNOT PLAY IT NOW! IT DOES INDEED AFFECT ME!!!!!

I feel like I'm banging my fucking head against a wall.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
wick said:
Trunkin said:
wick said:
Chris Hu said:

I highly doubt you will buy a X1 at launch if you do you can proof me wrong in a couple of month.  Also like I said before anyone that can afford $500+ dollar console at launch lives in a area that has decent internet.

I'm tipping I earn more than you too. I simply cannot get better internet where I live no matter how much I pay.

1. Exactly how slow is your internet? We're not talking dial-up speeds, are we?

2. You don't know how but the mandatory download will be. It may not even be an issue for you.

3. If you really cared about playing the Xbox One's exclusives, having to wait a few hours to download and play a new game wouldn't be enough to stop you from buying the system.

1. I struggle to steam YouTube videos at the lowest settings so yes it's pretty slow. I am also on a data limit.

2. I tried to download Borderlands on Steam once. It was going to take something like 50 hours.

3. See above. It is enough for me to not buy the system.

Wow. My condolences. I take back what I said. That must really, really suck. How do you even survive?

Trunkin said:

Wow. My condolences. I take back what I said. That must really, really suck. How do you even survive?

Haha thanks. Luckily I remember a time before the internet so it's not too bad.

The only big problem I have is the way it is now impacting my favorite hobby these days.

I remember when you bought a game and it was all there on the cartridge. Those were the days.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

Your not buying the game at launch it will not affect you.  The only people that will be affected by this is the people that buy it at launch by the second print of the game all the day one DLC will be included on the disc.  Also there is at least a 50% percent change that the game will release a Ultimate edition sometime in the near future.

Trunkin said:

1. Exactly how slow is your internet? We're not talking dial-up speeds, are we?

2. You don't know how but the mandatory download will be. It may not even be an issue for you.

3. If you really cared about playing the Xbox One's exclusives, having to wait a few hours to download and play a new game wouldn't be enough to stop you from buying the system.

The problem with internet in countries like Brasil is not the overall speed but the data limit... after you break the limit your internet gets limited to 256kps until start the next month... there is internet here with 10GB, 20GB, 50GB, etc limit per month.

YouTube is crap here too.

Around the Network

This is inexcusasable ! If the game is not ready, delay it ! There shouldn´t be a requirement to download a HUGE chunk of game data just to play a game !
I hope gamers wont put up with this !

wick said:
Chris Hu said:
wick said:
Chris Hu said:

That what I thought so it will not affect you so stop complaining about it.

Can you even read? Are you that simple?

FORZA IS MY FAVORITE RACING SERIES! I CANNOT PLAY IT NOW! IT DOES INDEED AFFECT ME!!!!!

I feel like I'm banging my fucking head against a wall.

Didn't you say in a recent thread that you wish you could trade Forza and GT franchises, because you were switching to PlayStation next gen?

With no intent to buy an X1, it wouldn't affect you at all.

That being said, my sympathies on the internet connection issues. That will severely limit your use of MANY features of all next gen systems. Sucks for you.

Chris Hu said:

Your not buying the game at launch it will not affect you.  The only people that will be affected by this is the people that buy it at launch by the second print of the game all the day one DLC will be included on the disc.  Also there is at least a 50% percent change that the game will release a Ultimate edition sometime in the near future.

Dear god.

I'm not sure if you're ignorant or just plain stupid so I'll try this one last time.

The Xbox360 was my favorite console this gen....... still with me? OK. Forza is my favorite racing series. Clear on that? I had every intent on buying an XB1 and Forza 5 on launch day.

Making sense so far???

Because of all the internet requrements, I cannot do these things. Trust me. I'd love to own an XB1. I prefer the controller over the PS controller and I love Forza and Gears.

I CAN NO LONGER ENJOY THE GAMES I LOVE BECAUSE OF THESE POLICIES.

I'll just repeat that if you don't understand again.

Get it yet?????

wick said:
Chris Hu said:

Dear god.

I'm not sure if you're ignorant or just plain stupid so I'll try this one last time.

The Xbox360 was my favorite console this gen....... still with me? OK. Forza is my favorite racing series. Clear on that? I had every intent on buying an XB1 and Forza 5 on launch day.

Making sense so far???

Because of all the internet requrements, I cannot do these things. Trust me. I'd love to own an XB1. I prefer the controller over the PS controller and I love Forza and Gears.

I'll just repeat that if you don't understand again.

Get it yet?????

U do know that u had to connect to the internet to download the patch for the x1 to grt rid of the mandatory internet thing right?  Oh and you can play whwhile it downloads

You don't live in a 3rd world country if your internet is really that bad go start complaining about it to people in charge.  Anway there is a good change that Forza 5 might not be as good as Forza 4 so might not miss out on much (less car is probably already a given).