By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Forza Motorsport 5 doesn't require a day one update to play after all

wick said:
Angelus said: I'm a moron

All I needed to know.

Cheers.

Cheers indeed

Personally, I find it easiest to pick morons out of a room by their inability to distinguish sarcasm, and the inability to counter an argument with anything other than ad hominem.

Not that I'm saying you're a moron, of course.

It's just a little coincidence.

Around the Network
wick said:
Azerth said:
wick said:
This bickering is pointless. NO PRODUCT SHOULD BE SOLD UNFINISHED.

I don't care if it's Forza (which I love by the way) GT5, Mario Kart, Battlefield.

We gamers seem to enjoy being screwed over because most of us have some crazy loyalty to a multi-billion dollar corporation.

It's stupid.

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo. It doesn't matter what company you support. We should not support this practice.

Would you buy a CD if it only had half the songs? A movie?

But it is finshed it just has a manditory patch before u can play it.    Its not like there selling u the game with one track.  Chances are its allowing them to make sure things are truly running right with drivatar and such plus tracks and stuff that wouldnt have made it into the game at release.

also movies and cd always have cut content which would mean there all incomplete

No it's not finished. You will NEED to download game content. NOT just patches. Read the OP again please.

Also. I can go and buy a CD or a movie and go home and watch it. Bonus content is different to incomplete products.

Never mind.

Fanboys don't think with logic.

It's more a case of "but I love this company so they can never do anything wrong", "my team is better than your team cause, well cause it is"

Pathetic.

hmmm or maybe you have lived in a cave since the mid 90's ???

I don't know a single soft today that doesn't get a patch or desperatly needs one..... they all ship unfinished..... here the only true difference is that in that case they make it mandatory.....
should it be an habit???? certainly not.... is it gonna be an issue???? probably not.... is it better that way???? IMO yes if it allows to have a better quality game...

but again most soft at launch are not finished glitchy and buggy.... yet you don't see people cruing like it's the end of the world.... but at the end I'd rather get a mandatory patch day one that fixes those.... than nothing or have to wait 6 months or have a half assed game period...

so it's not ideal but it's nothing that needs to be streched like it is the appocalypse

FWIW, Forza 3 and 4 come with bonus content on disc which must be activated with a code to use.

Angelus said:

X1 requires online the same way PS360 and PS4 require online. If there's an available software patch, you have to download it when you log on. Since X1 was designed originally to always be connected, obviously it needs a day one patch to change some things. Am I a moron? lol

Forza 5 is a first party game that was designed for an always online console. So of course the dev wouldn't have thought much of a required day one patch required to play the game. Things have changed, sure, but there are deadlines to meet, and patches are pretty simple for most people. Not an issue for most. And after that, again, no online required. Am I a moron? lol

Ya buddy. I'm a moron

Take it easy bro

Not cool to make fun of the mentally handicapped you know

Don't sweat it though. I make due ok

The bolded part is false... the game was always designed to run even offline... just that with online you have the Drivatar.

Anyway... these changes have nothing to do with DRM... it is because they will not finish the game at the same... they are late in the schedule.

ethomaz said:

Angelus said:

X1 requires online the same way PS360 and PS4 require online. If there's an available software patch, you have to download it when you log on. Since X1 was designed originally to always be connected, obviously it needs a day one patch to change some things. Am I a moron? lol

Forza 5 is a first party game that was designed for an always online console. So of course the dev wouldn't have thought much of a required day one patch required to play the game. Things have changed, sure, but there are deadlines to meet, and patches are pretty simple for most people. Not an issue for most. And after that, again, no online required. Am I a moron? lol

Ya buddy. I'm a moron

Take it easy bro

Not cool to make fun of the mentally handicapped you know

Don't sweat it though. I make due ok

The bolded part is false... the game was always designed to run even offline... just that with online you have the Drivatar.

Anyway... these changes have nothing to do with DRM... it is because they will not finish the game at the same... they are late in the schedule.

On a system that previously required the Internet daily just to work. An online download is not a big deal, it's even less of a big deal when the console its on requires the Internet.

Whether they are behind schedule or not is just speculation. This could have been the plan from the very start for all we know.

Around the Network

J_Allard said:

On a system that previously required the Internet daily just to work. An online download is not a big deal, it's even less of a big deal when the console its on requires the Internet.

Whether they are behind schedule or not is just speculation. This could have been the plan from the very start for all we know.

Speculation? lol

He addmited they are behind the schedule and won't get ready to retail release... so the day one patch was the only choice to release the game at launch. 

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

Speculation? lol

He addmited they are behind the schedule and won't get ready to retail release... so the day one patch was the only choice to release the game at launch. 

I am not reading that anywhere in the article.

What he does say, is their production schedule is such that due to the certification process, they need to make a day one download to put as much content into the game as possible. You don't know whether that was always the plan or not. Unless you have some other article, and if so, then share.

I'm beginning to think the Xbox 180 was just a PR move! They allow the reselling of your retail titles, but the rest hasn't been changed that much.

wick said:
sales2099 said:

You can play while it downloads.....

And if my unreliable internet is down that day?

I just bought a disc I can't use.

do not play the 3rd world card with me.

You wait a day. lol some people......

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

wick said:
Chris Hu said:
The funny part is the majority of the people that complain about it will probably never play the game anyway or if they do they will probably only play it at a friends house. If your not going to buy it then it doesn't affect you so stop complaining about it.

The reason I am complaining is because I AM a Forza fan. It's my favorite racing series just ahead of Codemasters F1 games.

If I had no interest in the game why would I give a shit about what they're doing.

The reason I am pissed off is because it will directly impact me and my gaming habbits.

Do I not have the right to complain about that??

You are not a true Forza fan.......complaining that you MIGHT have no internet on the day of purchase revokes your status.

Because to me, you are no different then a rival fan fishing for excuses to hate.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.