By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Forza Motorsport 5 doesn't require a day one update to play after all

endimion said:
D-Joe said:
Azerth said:
here you guys go that are still complaing

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/forza-motorsport-5-install-offline-details-clarified

17 pages of nothing

17 pages ???? we don't have the same link ???

10 replies per page for me

Around the Network
Azerth said:
J_Allard said:
but what if my Internet is down every single time I boot up Forza 5?

then how would you dl the patch to remove the 24hr check in?

and you can still play offline from the disc without the dl  

Its sarcasm to the haters looking for an excuse to hate on something that is now debunked.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

D-Joe said:
endimion said:
D-Joe said:
Azerth said:
here you guys go that are still complaing

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/forza-motorsport-5-install-offline-details-clarified

17 pages of nothing

17 pages ???? we don't have the same link ???

10 replies per page for me

lol ok I thought you were talking about the ign article :D

Thanks God this is not true and Forza devs explained.

"The player won't be blocked from playing the game" if they choose not to connect to Xbox LIVE, he continues, "but deeper areas in the career mode were designed to utilize these additional cars and tracks."

You need to download the addicional content to finish the carrer mode but you can play the offline content in the disc without need the downloaded content.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/forza_motorsport_5/news/forza_motorsport_5_doesnt_require_a_day_one_update_to_play_after_all.html

Extra downloadable content that is actually intergrated into the career mode I know I will download it if I get the game close to launch.  Plus the just anounced the Forza Rewards program a couple of days ago its still in the beta form but once it comes out of beta I will sign up for it all the time I put into all the Forza games should get me some decent rewards.

Around the Network

works that way every other time.... but not for launch titles or holiday season major release.... missing the date would be more damaging than that solution....

KylieDog said:
Here's an idea: If a game is not finished, don't flipping release it.

Forza 5 Prologue?

Thats polyphonys style, not Turn 10's.

KylieDog said:

Ok, tell this every dev-team out there but be prepared for some good laughs :)

So what was the problem of this now? The Xbox One needs a day-one patch so you have to go online at least once. This will be fixed by the next wave of the console-build-iteration. The first copies of Forza 5 will need a patch to complete the career-mode, the next wave of the game-discs will most probably already be patched. I don't see any real problem here.

KylieDog said:
walsufnir said:
KylieDog said:

Ok, tell this every dev-team out there but be prepared for some good laughs :)

No, a big difference between an unfinished game that wil not work without a patch, and a buggy game that still works but needs more wrok done.

TO answer your post below the quote: People without internet will buy what is meant to e an optional offline game and find it doesn't work.

But what if a bug stops you from being able to play the game further? Think of the hitman-savegame-bug which stopped you from going on. So where again is the difference? :)

And the game will of course work, also offline. Also if people buy it they also will buy the Xone which *also* needs a patch.

And, to say it again, there will most likely be a version on disc with every part containing, this is just the first version of the game on disc which needs a patch.