By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Forza Motorsport 5 doesn't require a day one update to play after all

Azerth said:

U do know that u had to connect to the internet to download the patch for the x1 to grt rid of the mandatory internet thing right?

Yes. Only on the launch consoles I assumed. Why?

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
wick said:
Trunkin said:

Wow. My condolences. I take back what I said. That must really, really suck. How do you even survive?

Haha thanks. Luckily I remember a time before the internet so it's not too bad.

The only big problem I have is the way it is now impacting my favorite hobby these days.

I remember when you bought a game and it was all there on the cartridge. Those were the days.

Heh, these days it's all about DLC, downloadable titles, online games, and online entertainment in general. You'd think internet providers would be trying to keep up, but in some places*coughOregoncough* people are still stuck in the mud. Also, data caps should be illegal!

@wick

You said in another thread

"Forza to Playstation and Gran Turismo to Xbox

I'm really going to miss Forza next gen"

This suggests you clearly had no intention of buying an X1. So don't be raging at people in this thread who call you on it

Angelus said:

@wick

This suggests you clearly had no intention of buying an X1. So don't be raging at people in this thread who call you on it

I had every intention of buying an XB1 before the online requirement and DRM policies came out to the public.

Please do not try to tell me what MY intentions are.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

wick said:
Angelus said:

@wick

I had every intention of buying an XB1 before the online requirement and DRM policies came out to the public.

The post I'm quoting you on is from 5 days ago. DRM policies were long reversed by then. Online requirements with them.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5512529

You're full of it

Around the Network
wick said:
Azerth said:

U do know that u had to connect to the internet to download the patch for the x1 to grt rid of the mandatory internet thing right?

Yes. Only on the launch consoles I assumed. Why?

well if your internet is so bad that a patch for a game that you can play while it downloads is out of the question  then why would you even consider getting the x1 when you had to download a patch to remove the 24 hr check in

Angelus said:
wick said:
Angelus said:

@wick

The post I'm quoting you on is from 5 days ago. DRM policies were long reversed by then. Online requirements with them.

You're full of it

And yet Forza 5 and the XB1 both REQUIRE ONLINE.

Are you a moron?

This is Bullsh.... DRM, yes this is still a form of drm im pretty sure of it, and if this is going to ruin my experience when i pirate it or rent it, then i dont need no xbox one.

I am the new kid in town!!!

wick said:
Angelus said:
wick said:
Angelus said:

@wick

You're full of it

And yet Forza 5 and the XB1 both REQUIRE ONLINE.

Are you a moron?

X1 requires online the same way PS360 and PS4 require online. If there's an available software patch, you have to download it when you log on. Since X1 was designed originally to always be connected, obviously it needs a day one patch to change some things. Am I a moron? lol

Forza 5 is a first party game that was designed for an always online console. So of course the dev wouldn't have thought much of a required day one patch required to play the game. Things have changed, sure, but there are deadlines to meet, and patches are pretty simple for most people. Not an issue for most. And after that, again, no online required. Am I a moron? lol

Ya buddy. I'm a moron

Take it easy bro 

Not cool to make fun of the mentally handicapped you know

Don't sweat it though. I make due ok

All I needed to know.

Cheers.